Tarot novice here!~

themuffinman

I heard from my friend that you can only ask the same question once a day.Is this true? Because she said something about the cards not being accurate anymore if I did it often.

floracove

I think so, but there are different aspects of questions...

Ace

The issue isn't accuracy at all. The issue is accepting the message of the cards. IF you ask about a problem, you get an answer. If you don't like the answer, you ask again, hoping for a DIFFERENT answer. The trouble is, the cards tell you WHAT IS, not what you want to hear. SO if you keep asking, you keep getting the same answer-which you refuse to accept. So, one is told: don't do it more than once a day. Because things can't change so fast and you are wasting time and energy trying to get the cards to say something different. And sometimes after a while, the cards refuse to answer at all about it.
Ace

HudsonGray

Right, it's a little like saying 'are we there yet? Are we there yet?' and expecting a different answer each time. If it's the same question, wait 2 weeks or a month before looking at it again, to give it time to develop on it's own. If you want to know more about a particular part of the question, that's ok to go ahead and ask about because it's providing new or clarifying information for you.

If you keep asking & don't listen to the answer, eventually the deck gives up on it and throws you gibberish. Not the deck's fault. You have to look at what you get and accept that (keep open to different card interpretations too, it's not always 'by the book').

crazelion

Thats true if keek asking same expecting it work. The cards will not make sense.

I learned that hard way.

SalomeTorera

I'd avoid that - asking the same question more than once a day. I always get a feeling that the cards get irritated and they give you bizzare readings. I'd ask again after a week or so.

Sophie

It all depends on how quickly the situation evolves. If it moves very fast, you could be doing a reading every hour and get something else. If it is moving very slowly, even two readings a year on the same question might not show much change. (When I write of situations, I mean inner and outer situations). As a rule of thumb, if you ask in the morning "does Bob fancy me?" and expect a different answer from the cards in the evening, then you need a new hobby :D.

themuffinman

More questions!!

Question barrage!! :p

-So if I ask once every 24 hours, it should be okay right?

-Is it true that if you don't truly understand your deck,you don't get accurate readings? Because since I just started,I just printed out various meanings and keep them by my side. *grimaces*

-My friend says that if I ask a same question,the cards will get tired and won't answer accurately.

-Last but not least! Are tarots 100% correct and should I make important decisions using them?

Thanks everyone!!!!!
Blessed be!

themuffinman

HudsonGray said:
Right, it's a little like saying 'are we there yet? Are we there yet?' and expecting a different answer each time. If it's the same question, wait 2 weeks or a month before looking at it again, to give it time to develop on it's own. If you want to know more about a particular part of the question, that's ok to go ahead and ask about because it's providing new or clarifying information for you.

If you keep asking & don't listen to the answer, eventually the deck gives up on it and throws you gibberish. Not the deck's fault. You have to look at what you get and accept that (keep open to different card interpretations too, it's not always 'by the book').

I DO listen to the tarot's answer,but by experience,the situation's always changing,so I like to keep track of what's happening.

Blessed be!

Alta

-So if I ask once every 24 hours, it should be okay right?

See Helvetica's comment. Depends, is the situation really evolving that rapidly?

-Is it true that if you don't truly understand your deck,you don't get accurate readings?

If you don't understand tarot, you don't get accurate readings is closer I should think. Familaiarity with the deck makes the readings flow generally though.

-My friend says that if I ask a same question,the cards will get tired and won't answer accurately.

Well, something gets 'tired'. Maybe your higher self because you are not accepting the answers, as Ace commented above.

-Last but not least! Are tarots 100% correct and should I make important decisions using them?

Tarot can be very accurate but suggest you become more confident of your reading skills before using them to make important decisions.

Suggest you re-read the posts above. Most of your questions here were already answered.