Feeling nerves and anxiety when reading for yourself

Adjustment

Feeling nervous and anxiety when reading for yourself

For the last three days i have been doing readings for myself about a personal problem. Everytime i start to shuffle the cards i get a feeling of anxiety can't even shuffle the cards without dropping part of the deck all over the floor and feel very nervous as if my blood pressure is either getting low or high, i also feel uneasiness and unrest. What could be causing me to feel that way and does anybody have felt this way before when reading for yourself. I decide to stop reading for at list a week to see if it feels better the next time i try to read. I have been reading for 5 years now and this never happened to me before till now.

Thirteen

Tara Deck said:
What could be causing me to feel that way and does anybody have felt this way...I have been reading for 5 years now and this never happened to me before till now.
Well, I was going to say that you might have a sense of dread about this personal problem (or possible answers that you might get about it), but if you've been reading successfully for yourself for five years....

I can't quite believe that this personal problem is the worst you've faced in five years, one that would make you more nervous than other touchy, troubling, personal questions you might have asked in that time. So, maybe the cards (or the powers-that-be?) don't want you reading for yourself in this instance?

Have you tried getting someone here to do a reading for you on the situation? Why not visit the reading exchange here. I'd be curious to know if you can read for others, of if you feel this way anytime you handle the cards before a reading whether its for yourself or for others.

Adjustment

Thirteen said:
Well, I was going to say that you might have a sense of dread about this personal problem (or possible answers that you might get about it), but if you've been reading successfully for yourself for five years....

I can't quite believe that this personal problem is the worst you've faced in five years, one that would make you more nervous than other touchy, troubling, personal questions you might have asked in that time. So, maybe the cards (or the powers-that-be?) don't want you reading for yourself in this instance?
Yes, Thirteen this has been the second worse problem i have faced within 5 years, it was a very disturbing incident that happened to me last year. where i was very much humilliated and hurt by 3 family members. this incident was very much a surprise to me and to know that was done premeditated make it even worse emotionally speaking.

Thirteen said:
Have you tried getting someone here to do a reading for you on the situation? Why not visit the reading exchange here. I'd be curious to know if you can read for others, of if you feel this way anytime you handle the cards before a reading whether its for yourself or for others.
Thanks for your suggestion, i will try to do what you say and see if i feel the same way.

Fulgour

Reading the cards can take on many different aspects,
not just what cards turn up, but the whole process...

Reading is a very physical process, and scientifically it is
provable that 'mental' activity is a demanding effort too.

But what about the physical steps involved in laying out
a spread, or even turning over a single card? There's work
to do, selecting which place to sit and choosing the deck,
collecting your thoughts and formulating a question takes
effort too...and then the actual shuffling of the 78 cards.

A Tarot deck is quite a handful when you compare it to an
Oracle deck, a 52 card Poker deck, or even Crazy Eights...
but I have learned to let the cards talk to me as they may.

Shuffling a deck doesn't always go gracefully, some decks
even being particularly difficult, for different reasons too.

When the cards kind of jam, or slip around when handled,
I "read" that as part of the event~and work along gradually
letting things get settled in, not minding the trouble much,
but then saying, Ok~ One good riffle and I'm ready to go!

Confidently see ALL that happens as part of your readings.
After all we aren't graded on form, we're not being judged.

Thirteen

That's terrible!

Tara Deck said:
Yes, Thirteen this has been the second worse problem i have faced within 5 years, it was a very disturbing incident that happened to me last year. where i was very much humilliated and hurt by 3 family members. this incident was very much a surprise to me and to know that was done premeditated make it even worse emotionally speaking.
Ouch! That's terrible! I'm so sorry to hear that! That does put a different perspective on it. I imagine my hands would shake with rage and emotions if I tried to lay out a spread on such a problem.

A lot of us readers are "sensitive"--we have good imaginations and we can "live" emotions. It's what allows us that uncanny accuracy we sometimes have in seeing and understanding a problem. This means, however, that when we go over a bad memory of our own, we may re-live it vividly. We don't get any distance on it. We're there all over again, and we feel not only as we did then, but the delayed, accumulated reaction and emotions we've built up from thinking on it. So it's not just the initital horror. It's the fury and anguish and disbelief we've built up reconsidering it.

That can shake the cards right out of your hands.

Please do let another do the reading for you, as I don't think it's just the shaking hands, but the fact that you'd have problems reading the answer in this instance. I hope reader and cards give you a good, strong answer to put not only the problem to rest, but to ease the pain that these folk have caused you.