Card Reversal?

Cielo

Don't worry!! We all have these questions from time to time!!
Personally my cards become reversed from gathering them after last reading and not paying much attention to which way they turn....:)
Sometimes however, I "re-set" my decks, putting them back in order, majors and minors and according to suits....but very soon after many of them turn upside down again!!! ;)

full deck

tyrentboy said:
Sorry for the newby question, but how do most of you determine which cards are reversed before a reading?
I knew this guy from Kentucky who would get really mad at his deck and yell at them, throwing them against a wall or something. I guess that would make reversals before reading.

You should really try doing a search on "reversals" on AT since this question has been considered and discussed many times before.

tyrentboy

Yes your probably right. It seems live whether or not to reverse is and how is mindboggler.

Ace

tyrentboy said:
i get that part, put unless your just putting the cards on the table, mixing them in a big heap, and piling them back up again how do they get reversed in a shuffle?

Um, you mean there is another way to get reversed cards? I often do 78 card pick up to a new deck. And sometimes to old decks as well. Do, as others have suggested, a search on reversing cards. Also, stop worrying. If it mattered you would be taught. What tarot teachs instead is it doesn't matter.
Ace

mayeessa

reversals

for the short time that i did use reversals, i either shifted the cards around on a big table on my cloth or just cut the deck in 2, reversed one pile and mixed it up with the rest. I know no new info here, but i do suggest that you use a deck where the cover pic doesn't show you whether it is reversed or not. I found that by being able to tell the querent gets influenced and usually stays away from picking a reversed image for his/her reading. (that is if you allow them to pick from deck of course)

purple_scorp wrote:
"Or, you can choose not to reverse any of them and read them all upright.

*purple_scorp scurries away before someone slaps her wrist for making such a suggestion.

I havn't used reversals in over ten years...is this taboo in this forum?
Am i going to get slapped? lol
:)
Mayeessa