Pt.2:What kind of wedding would these women want?

obsidian_queen

As a follow up to the first thread I posted (How would each of these men propose?), I'm putting up my musings on the issue directed at the queens of the tarot. Been a lil nervous at posting these, but I felt the first thread went SO well and I was able to understand things so much better thanks to you guys I thought, what the hec. The point is to learn, and this is all a great exercise.
Since I'm a woman this is WAY more detailed because I can imagine and relate to the queens much easier. Also I included little categories like attire, reaction etc because I feel that this helps explain the personalities of the queen in a clearer fashion. Sorry though. REAL long post.

What kind of wedding would these women want?

Queen of Cups
Reaction:
Is a crier. When her guy pops the question, Niagara Falls baby. Says “YES!” a million times. This is the woman who is likely to be “in love with love” and gets emotional, even if she knew this was coming. Hugs and kisses him to the point where he can’t breathe. May be close to hysterical for quite some time, so be careful about surprising her – not saying don’t do it, just be prepared when you do. Can’t stop looking at the ring…goes into a daze whenever she does.
Planning the wedding:
Will have worried herself silly and stressed herself out to the point where she develops a nervous twitch about this wedding. Even though she has a wedding planner, she may still obsess over things, and drive her hired help insane. She may be grateful when someone steps in and says, “don’t you worry, just leave it to me” but will nevertheless find herself worrying that the people to whom she has entrusted certain tasks will somehow not do them to her liking.
Everything has to be perfect.
The actual event
Will want the wedding that every little girl dreams about. Basically wants to literally be “queen for a day”; every woman’s fantasy. Wants everything right out of a fairytale , including a horse-drawn carriage and rose petals strewn before her.
She will be NERVOUS.
Will cry when the groom says his vows and while she says her own.
Will want the entire thing recorded so she can play it years later and relive the moment again and again. This will be a way for her to escape if she should need some kind of release, particularly if her relationship should head south. That way she can sit by herself, and create her own little world and cry over each little memory captured on tape. Even if things don’t go bad with her marriage I feel she may still do this from time to time.
The attire- What would this kind of woman wear?
I feel that she is the one who may stick closest to the traditional idea of weddings and may do the “something old, something new…” thing. I feel this woman goes for pearls (jewels from the sea) and/or fabric with a shimmery, gauzy effect that makes her look like she is floating, something out of a dream. I think cups have an ethereal quality to them and this would show up in their taste of clothing.

Queen of Wands
Reaction:
Is not really a crier, but may still get very emotional when her man proposes. Will especially love it if he goes all out before actually popping the question; will not mind at all if it’s in public (she’s not likely to get embarrassed by public displays, but if she’s not inclined to say yes, she probably will say “no” in front of everyone and embarrass HIM). Can’t stop looking at the ring (better be one helluva rock too)…shows it to everyone.
Planning the Wedding
Will want to have a direct hand in planning her own wedding. ..Believes in the saying “If you want a job done right, you gotta do it yourself.” Everything must be run by her first and she gets the final say. Will not be steamrolled over by pushy in-laws, girlfriends or relatives. Does things HER way…and her husband can help too of course…but only if he doesn’t get in her way. Actually it would be better if he stayed away altogether unless he didn’t mind being treated like a subordinate employee of hers.
The event:
She will be EXCITED. May choose a venue other than a church; perhaps a hall, or have the wedding party fly to another country altogether. Will automatically draw all attention to her, more so than other brides; the Queen of Cups shimmers, the Queen of Wands glows.
Pictures, pictures, LOTS of pictures, darlings. This woman is always “on” and lives her life accordingly. Will be the first one on the dance floor at the reception, and will never be in one spot for very long.
The attire: What would this kind of woman wear?
Flashy woman. Will have taken her butt to the gym 4 months prior so that she can be in top physical shape. Of all the queens, this one is the most concerned with her appearance.
Her dress and makeup/hair will be the best money can buy – designer for the former and professionally done for the latter. Might not have a veil covering her face, I feel she’s got this “head on” attitude and never plays the demure role. Diamonds, not pearls for this lady.
She may choose to get married wearing a color other than the traditional white. If she does choose white, it may be the kind of dress that has a freakin’ 10-foot train. Whatever she selects, she will look like a million dollars.

Queen of Swords
Reaction:
Will not cry at any time, but will still be deeply moved and very happy. Her reaction to a surprise proposal might be more one of “Okay, why not?.” But more likely than not, she and her guy have discussed marriage in detail many times prior. Loves the ring, will not go out of her way to show it off, more likely to let you notice on your own, at which time she will be more than happy to answer all of your questions.
Planning the Wedding
Follows everything according to a carefully organized schedule, which she has written down in a planner or palm pilot. Will work with everyone involved to produce efficient results, but if you get on her wrong side prepare for a severe tongue-lashing; wedding planning is stressful and her patience may easily wear thin.
The event
Might be one of those brides that for some reason desires a winter/ fall wedding. She and her husband may write their own vows. This may not even be her first marriage. She will be COOL and COLLECTED.
The attire:What would this kind of woman wear?
May not even wear a dress as such. May choose a simple but elegant suit, and a hat with a veil. Does things with a simple, understated class. She may choose a dress that is more greyish-silver than white, and her make-up and jewellery will be tastefully done and kept to a minimum.

Queen of Pentacles
Reaction:
Is not likely to lose her head either. She and her sweetie will more than likely have just bought a house, gotten their debt under control; acquired those material things as a couple that speak of them having a future together.
Will be very happy; her family and friends will likely have been in on the whole thing from the start. Loves the ring, no matter the size, because her sweetie scrimped and saved for it, and it’s one she picked out herself.
Planning the Wedding
VERY concerned about cost, this lady. Of all the queens she is the most conscious of everyone else’s needs, and in her desire to keep everyone happy, may sometimes forget that this is HER big day. She can work with very little and produce amazing results. The planning process with this woman will be more fun than the others, as her team will consist of family and friends. Maybe an aunt whose cooking is fabulous offers to do the catering, her mom and her sisters/friends help her with the décor and choosing her dress etc. All in all, a lot will be done for very little money.
The Event:
She will be COMFORTABLE.
Will not be fussy and will likely be very small and private. This woman will want only close friends and family to share this day with her. May even get married in her own backyard. If not, she will choose a venue that is outdoors and naturally beautiful, with trees and flowers. The atmosphere will be a relaxed and loving one. This queen is likely to kick her shoes off when dancing after the ceremony.
The attire:What would this kind of woman wear?
Will be very no-frills. Her dress will be simple, yet beautiful, her hair flowing freely, will do her make-up herself. Will be more likely to use flowers as accessories rather than jewellery. She will be happy to simply BE.

WalesWoman

LOL These are great! Have you ever seen Bridezilla? Sounds like Queen Wands or maybe Queen Cups all the way!!!

I was thinking that Queen Wands might go for the really odd ball "original" weddings, like the jumping from planes and undersea ones, on top of the Eiffel Tower or a local mountain top. Out in the woods and everyone wears hiking boots with their dresses and plaid flannel shirts under their Tuxes... they would be lovely dresses, but there would always be some little quirk so it wouldn't be like anyone else's wedding... ever. She would definately do all the planning, all the details and drive everyone up the wall and probably be a total bitch by the time of the actual wedding, but arrive radiant and elegant and rearing to go. ( I am reminded of one wedding I attended... the bride was from Florida and everyone had to fly to Alaska for the wedding on her grandparents dock, she was beautiful, the dress was breathtaking and she found or had made... white rubber boots) The decor was fish netting with shells and starfish... it was one cool wedding. Not sure if she'd keep her name or hyphenate it... or insist he take hers. She too might decide that a traditional wedding ring is too passe and either design one of her own or choose something much different, a gemstone or silver and tourquise band, something ethnic or atleast out of the norm.

Queen Swords of no muss/no fuss, just decide it's too much BS and cut it all out, deciding a simple, private ceremony with a Justice of the Peace would be quite sufficient. She would probably want a simple gold band and would keep her name, maybe hyphenated.

Queen Cups would definately want a fairy tale wedding complete with horse drawn carriage and a giant swan carved from ice. She would have some very creative, innovative ideas that had nothing to do what so ever with reality, which might make the wedding planner suicidal and decide to go into another career direction. They would write their own vows and the ring would be one they had designed and had specially created... or sentimental... a family heirloom.

Queen of Pentacles... would want a garden wedding or one in her parents home, nothing really fancy, very traditional... but something magical all the same. She would think clear Christmas lights hung in the shrubbery and all over the place was way cool, like faery lights and go for whimsical things like that, similar to Queen Cups, but more down to earth. I could see her dress is a simple white she designed and sewed herself with a flower coronet and the bouquet picked from her own garden, hand made invitations. She is a sensual lass, so the food would be a gourmond's delight, the decore... you just never know... could be simplistic or on the verge of gauche... all the fruits and enjoyment. So she could actually get a bit lavish and decide this is the one time she's really going to go all out and celebrate this day to the max. She would know exactly to the penny what everything costs and get the most "bang out of the buck." Things would be very organized and orderly... she will have her way and set the whole tone. She'd have some theme... possibly, earthy and sensuous. She may be practical, a simple gold band or the "material girl" and it better be a quality rock to reflect her status.

This is fun!

obsidian_queen

I'm having a lot of fun learning too WalesWoman :D..do you know I totally saw the Queen of Swords doing the Justice of the Peace/ City Hall thing too? Don't know WHY I didn't say so! Thanks for putting that one out there!

mythos

And now for a more humourous take on the question!

Queen of Cups
Breaks into tears. "I told all my friends you'd ask me. Oh, this is so romantic. I'm so sorry I can't say yes, because I just hate you so much. Isn't that so sad ...." sobs desperately.

Queen of Wands
"Hey, this is so exciting. We could get married on a camel trek in the Great Thar Desert, or .... nah! I get sunburned too easily, and besides ... I am just as easily bored. Better find yourself someone more reliable".

Queen of Swords
Frowns.
"Give me some time to think about it."

"Hmmmm! do I really want to go there again (she is afterall the traditionally 'divorced' or widowed' woman)?"

After a 9 of swords night of insomnia - thinking, thinking, thinking... she gets back to the guy and says: "Nah! This isn't about you. It's about me. I'm just not ready to settle down yet. I still have unresolved grief from blah! blah! blah! blah!...."

Queen of Pentacles "I suppose you'd better meet my 27 children then." Man runs screaming from the room!

mythos:)

sharpchick

mythos said:
Queen of Swords
Frowns.
"Give me some time to think about it."

"Hmmmm! do I really want to go there again (she is afterall the traditionally 'divorced' or widowed' woman)?"

After a 9 of swords night of insomnia - thinking, thinking, thinking... she gets back to the guy and says: "Nah! This isn't about you. It's about me. I'm just not ready to settle down yet. I still have unresolved grief from blah! blah! blah! blah!...."

mythos:)

uh-huh. . . ;)

Celcius

The Queen's As the Sex and the City Women

Queen Of Cups-Charolotte

Queen of Wands- Samantha

Queen of Swords-Miranda

Queen of Pentacles-Carrie

Thirteen

I'm more in agreement with Waleswoman on the Queen of Pentacles--though she knows how to make the money go far, she's going to want the best that money can buy. Queen/Pents *can* be frugal; if it's necessary, she will have the most frugal, garden party wedding ever.

But if there's money to hand, watch out! She's going to be the one with caviar, lobster, a string-quartet, crystal on the table, and champagne by the bucketfuls (not saying she still won't get the best deals on all this--just that she'd going to want the best and it will be important for everyone to see how rich and tasteful everything at the wedding is).

I knew a Queen/Pents and she wanted a $10k engagement ring! She isn't going to accept the proposal unless the ring that goes with it PROVES the man loves her--that mean a REAL diamond worth real money, none of these cheap fakes or inexpensive rocks (and don't think she won't have it appraised!).

That's the advantage of picking one of the others. Not nearly so expensive. Queen/Cups wants romance, but if that's a sweet little wedding on the beach or by a lake, with one guitar player and a bottle of wine from the restaurant where she and her fiance had their first date and his grandmother's wedding ring on her finger....that'll do for her. Doesn't have to be expensive. And a carriage to wisk the away afterwards to their honeymoon retreat instead of a car.

This is also the lady likely to have one of those "fairytale" weddings, I mean, literally, with bride and groom coming in on horseback wearing king/queen costumes.

Queen/Wands wants it flashy, exciting and unusual--with her as the center of attention. The more people watching the better. She'd just as soon the two of them sky-dived into the wedding, or had it on a Carribean island or out in the desert. A plain old diamond won't do for her--she wants color in that wedding ring; rare or unusual stones. And for the meal, strange and fiery tastes. Champagne? No way! Open bar and let's do shots of tequila!

I'm in total agreement that she'd have the cameras rolling, and she wouldn't wear a traditional wedding dress. As you say, this woman is going to be the center of attention.

Queen/Swords--another bride where the wedding need not be expensive. Likely to go, as you say, for something she can wear not only at the wedding but on other occassions; elegant, striking, but not flashy. She'd want to cut through all the useless extras; for all these folk like to talk, they're not going to gush out feelings at the altar (like Queen/Cups or Queen/Wands). So, to the point ceremony, with a quiet, elegant dinner afterwards. Wedding ring will be clever rather than flashy.

A Queen/Swords I knew had two plain bands of white gold made up with a simple twist at the top. Why? To make it a mobius strip. Remember, Swords are geeks and brains--and their weddings--or at least the accutruments--are as likely to be strange as they are understated.

Lady Mary

This is a truly great idea and helpful thread to understand the Court cards. And it makes fun too.

obsidian_queen

wow! I really love that everyone is sharing their views;special thanks to the wiser heads here. I'm forever trying to understand the courts, and it just seems that, if they represent people, then to understand their personalities and tastes, placing them in certain scenarios seems like the right thing to do. I hope this thread goes as long as it possibly can; the more insight the better!

MercyMe

mythos, you crack me up. :D

That's what I thought, too, about the Q of Swords. She probably wouldn't even accept the proposal. She'd opt for a domestic partnership. If she DID marry (again), prenup agreements would be a must.

As for the Q of Cups, she's been looking forward to this moment all her life and already has her wedding dress in a hope chest. She lives for moments like this.

The Q of Wands would maybe want to go to Vegas, get it done flashy and quick then run off to the islands for a long, hot, sexy, adventurous honeymoon.

The Q of Pents, I have to agree, would want the best money can buy. She would luxuriate in a reception that serves a seven-course gourmet meal, champagne (top shelf), her gown would be silk, soft against her skin. She'd treat herself to 6 months of spa treatments beforehand. Her honeymoon would consist of the most luxurious accommodations in 5-star hotels. She's been saving for this for years.

~Mercy