Pt.2:What kind of wedding would these women want?

Whitestar

Well I must admit I felt badly for the poor disliked Q of S in large part because I am her, also!!

But as discussed, not completely. Luckily real people are a little more rounded than those court cards.

But I'm very glad to hear that she has her fans, as well.

I got married on a cliff over looking the ocean-- on an island off the coast of Maine. Ferry ride to get there, saw whales... There were only 6 guests there. A notary performed the ceremony :). And I wore a skirt and silk blouse that I continued wearing after the wedding!!!

MercyMe

Whitestar said:
I got married on a cliff over looking the ocean-- on an island off the coast of Maine. Ferry ride to get there, saw whales... There were only 6 guests there. A notary performed the ceremony :). And I wore a skirt and silk blouse that I continued wearing after the wedding!!!

Hmmm...a bit of the Cups Queen in the choice of location, for sure. But the rest is pure Queen of Swords. :D

As for me, my gown was original. (Queen of Wands) It was pale pink, very form fitting, almost a mermaid style, but not a lot of stuff on it. Taffeta and chiffon. The most exquisite Venetian lace. I made it myself (Queen of Pents & Q of Wands) both because I wanted it to be unique and I needed to save money. I had a Messianic Jewish (converted Jewish Christians) ceremony in a well appointed hotel. Our honeymoon was a cross-country roadtrip.

Where was my Q of Swords? LOL :D

~Mercy

Whitestar

The other Queens pushed her out of the way!

PlatinumDove

Definitely a Swords Queen here. At my wedding, it was a floor length blue dress I wore because I didn't want to go out and buy a wedding dress. The rings were simple white-gold, because I detest the look of gold, and much prefer silver. We had a week to plan the wedding. It ended up at a JoP, in city hall in Germany, and I had to have a translator for me at my own wedding. It cost me $25 to get married, and $450 to get divorced.

Now that I'm divorced, and pregnant, my mother has been pushing me since the day I found out I was pregnant, to get married again because I am pregnant. My first marriage was...horrible and abusive to say the least, and I don't see the logic behind getting married just because you're pregnant. A marriage is not going to make someone respect and love you, nor is it going to force someone to stay around, if he doesn't intend to.

So, I don't know...if my SO would pop the question right now...how would I respond? I wouldn't cry, that's for sure. I know that he wouldn't ask if he wasn't serious about staying in a relationship with me for the rest of forever, and I know that he knows he wouldn't just be accepting me into his life, but the rest of my family. Would I say yes? Probably.

Lady Mary

I'm a Queen of Swords wedding-wise too. If I got married again (what I most definitely won't do again) then it would be a very special ceremony, only a few guests, maybe just my partner & me & two witnesses, definitely something very private, very inexpensive, definitely with a prenup, & I don't think that's boring at all. :)

All these weddings with thousands of guests and all these troubles regarding all these minor things like dress, flowers, cake, music, you name it, are (for me) boring.

mythos

Thirteen said:
For all that it was still very short, very inexpensive and involved very few people as guests. An intimate, subdued and subtle affair with elegance rather than flash or romance.

Sounds like my three weddings (and divorces) ... no fuss, but quirky. I am very much a QofS, but of course, in addition to her less attractive qualities (and all Q's have them), there is a wonder of very attractive qualities (like all Qs). And I am a mix, naturally.

Maybe the QofS (as a primary figure) has become the 'shadow' bin into which are tossed those qualities/projections which different Q's (as primary personalities) reject in themselves. Now there is a nice piece of QofS rationalisation ;)

mythos:)

PlatinumDove

mythos said:
Maybe the QofS (as a primary figure) has become the 'shadow' bin into which are tossed those qualities/projections which different Q's (as primary personalities) reject in themselves. Now there is a nice piece of QofS rationalisation ;)

It seems as though all the Swords suit is like that too.

MercyMe

mythos said:

Well done. :) Actually, though, it bothers me that the qualities I find appealing in the Q of Swords are often seen as negative by some. Many of the smartest, well-balanced, loving, charming women I know fit the Q of Swords persona. Her past is checkered with sorrows -- how else did she get so wise? Her intuition is spot on. She can nail a person at twenty paces and tell them what they're thinking at any given moment. She is *funny* because she's learned to laugh at herself. She doesn't necessarily feel incomplete without a partner. In fact, she doesn't. She really isn't cold but maybe preoccupied with a lot going on in her head.

Now, the other Queens...oh! They have problems, too, as we all know. That Q of Cups can literally drown you with her problems, her dramatic emotional undoings. Her feelings are hurt so easily sometimes, you can't say "boo" that she won't be crushed. The Q of Wands -- oh my f----- god! Pure rage. Rampaging anger. Ripping and shredding and throwing anger. You want to see a bunch of people scatter, just put an angry Q of Wands in the room. And they WILL do what she says, too. And that Q of Pents can be a real showoff. She seems to think she knows the best way to do even the smallest of things and she doesn't hesitate to make you feel small for not knowing how to make a perfect piecrust or grow anything but dandelions. And you know, I really don't need another mother, but she seems to feel I do?

Heh...so yeah, they all have problems and they're not of the Q of Swords variety.

~Mercy

WolfyJames

I think the Queen of Swords, at the proposal, would be swoon and would happily say yes and five minutes later, regret it. She would feel like choking at the idea of seeing her beloved independance compromised and sharing vital space (I am as I'm writting this :(). She might suggest that they live each on their own place, or buy one of these duplex so that they have a place of their own or to get a very big appartment (with her own bedroom perhaps?). She probably will come up with a well done marriage contract so that if ever they split up, he won't get her stuff. The marriage will be simple and sober with little people there and she will prefer putting the money in that duplex idea of hers.

WalesWoman

This just gets better and better...
My first (& only wedding)... I picked out a "prairie-girl" pattern, sweetheart, low cut neckline, muttonchop sleeves, that laced up the front with lots of swirly skirt, ruffles, lace and wine ribbon... in white cotton with tiny rosebuds... so I could wear it more than once... didn't have a sewing machine handy... so hired someone to sew it. Got silk flowers for a bouquet and my hair... so I could save them forever. :)

Quoted poetry at each other from Kahil Gibran and Baha'ulah for our vows.... simple ceremony... not justice of the peace, but someone that had a permit to marry us in his freinds home... less than 10 people and my 2 year old son, got married right with us. Someone sang "the Rose" and played guitar.

My ring was a simple gold band he'd found digging in a garden and had been carrying it around for a few years, it fit me perfectly.

I can't decide who got married that day... it almost wasn't me... I almost chickened out that morning.
So I'm seeing all the queens showing up. Cups for the dress style and songs, but QP there too for the frugality... Swords for the simplicity and thinking long and hard about the vows and Wands for organizing it and just doing it.