Witchcraft card?

WhiteRaven

Witchcraft does not imply "evil".....
Most of us that practice the craft believe in the three-fold...
"White" witchcraft is not what is being addressed here...from what I can see with the cards that some are describing....

as to the particular example given in the original post. Nobody knows what kind of "spell" was sent......Who is to say that someone didn't cast a spell on someone else to find happiness in love....simple as that. Does not mean that they are playing around with "free will".....it could have been sent with unconditional love.....period. Why is Witchcraft looked upon as something evil all the time.....I don't get it....

I guess I'm the Knight of Swords then.....because I practice the craft.....with pride I may add.

tieduptinkerbell

oooooo

yeah...goood one...

specially reversed I could totally see something being afoot...

Bell

tieduptinkerbell

Re the Knight of Swords...

ALL cards have good, bad and neutral in them. I think in this case because of the reading we are all suggesting cards that COULD mean that something is wrong...that it is witchcraft perhaps on the black side of things. I don't feel that anyone here is like that...I mean I could be wrong...but most of the people I know that are practising witches are white..and are very non threatening. THe occult is not just witchcraft...I think I was refering more to black magic...satanic worship and yes...they also cast spells. I don't think anyone was knocking witches in general. One bad apple does not spoil the whole bunch and I don't think anyone was assuming it does...

Also.. just because someone is a court card...does not mean that they are the negitive of a card and just that card... I have never seen any one person have only one card as a significator..I have seen the same few cards..but never has happened for me or anyone I have read for that its just been one. People flux.

The other side of the Knight of Swords is someone who is daring and adventurous...sharp minded...highly intelligent...also drawing this card for someone who is timid could represent the need to be self assertive. The Knight of Swords indicates someone who is gifted with sight of some sort. It indicates disciplining the emotions, meditation that strengthens the mind, Any They can be people with tempers, but how many cards are there that signify that..lol... Knights are also an example of moving forward and change...swords are sometimes about a battle of wills...This Knight is known to be involved with warfare of some sort.

ANyway...all this to say...that no card is intended as just one thing. It depends on the reading...on the layout...on the instrument the cards are using(ie the person) on the day...the month...the year...the season...

Suit cards are not set in stone either...I believe they are variables...
In my oppinion...anything except Major Aracana's are variable...changable...not set in stone...just like our future. I happen to think the higher Arcana represent somthing spiritual...something learned...something intigrated into us that we cannot lose.
But good god help me if I have to be a cup for the rest of my life... I am surely doomed...lol...I get sick of crying and all the emotion.

Also I have to stress here that ANY gift can be used for ill. As humans we are on a journey to a deeper richer bigger and more incredible place. Some believe in reincarnation...some don't ...some read cards...some read crystal balls...some read magazines...and trashy novels. My point is, is that we are given gifts regardless of what we do with them... everyone is born with something they can use to better mankind...to better themselves. We have to agree though...that not all humans use their gifts...and of those who do...not all of them use them for good.

Sighs.

Anyway...I am sorry if I have offended anyone. These are just my thoughts...and just my insights...I offer them like everyone else for consideration...not so I can be right...so I can learn.

Love Bell

stella01904

WhiteRaven said:
Witchcraft does not imply "evil".....
Most of us that practice the craft believe in the three-fold...
"White" witchcraft is not what is being addressed here...from what I can see with the cards that some are describing....
MM ~ It's the "view from the outside"...
Does not mean that they are playing around with "free will".....it could have been sent with unconditional love.....period.
And it is not always wrong to play around with "free will". If a kid is running into traffic to get a ball, you yank them back. If someone rapes and murders, you lock them up and take away their free will. One's magical ethics should be no different than one's mundane ethics. We are all somewhat "grey".
Why is Witchcraft looked upon as something evil all the time.....I don't get it....
We (Witches) don't split the divine into good/evil, god/devil. We see a male/female polarity. I am good and bad, you are good and bad, fire is good and bad, divinity is good and bad, life is good and bad. We don't have a concious embodiment of evil. I am not saying that all non-Witches obsess on the devil but some do seem to. Every religion has its pitfalls. (shrugs)
I guess I'm the Knight of Swords then.....because I practice the craft.....with pride I may add.
No, we are Queens of Swords. ;)
BB, Stella

Nadeshda

I should have explained the story a bit more in depth, to avoid misunderstandments regarding the type of magic refered.

The poster had a relationship with the friend in question, when it suddenly ended out of nowhere. Later he then began dating a girl who was heavily into black magic, so we are not talking about wicca here. The spell casted was for him to fall for that other girl, not to find a soulmate.

About the cards in question, I specially liked the Queen of Wands and the black cat, I don't know why, but it seems to me that the Magician or the High Priestess would be too obvious. The seven of swords could mean other things besides witchcraft, there would have to be another card to back up that meaning.

psychicbody

onship with the friend in question, when it suddenly ended out of nowhere. Later he then began dating a girl who was heavily into black magic, so we are not talking about wicca here.
Wicca is just a religion, so there is nothing specifically magickal about it, no more than Christianity. Devoted magickal practitioners (not exclusively witches, but thos who also practice High Magick), as stated, do not acknowlege any embodyment of good/evil, because those do not exist. If the girl claims to be a certaintain "alignment" then she is probably either a Fool (pun intended), or some wreckless dabbler.

Anyways, about the card. Do you think you could ask what card it was?
A "witch" card would clearly depend on the context of the situation. My bets would be on any of these: Magician; High Priestess; Queen Of "Fire"; The Chariot, or Hanged Man. The last two I say, because their meanings have a shamanic quality, which is to "walk" between worlds and to connect different forces.

sharpchick

Nadeshda said:
I was at a random forum, reading a thread. The author of the thread was a girl who was suspicious that someone had casted a love spell on a friend. She told that she was doing a reading about that friend and, while she was shuffling, a card jumped out. She said that one of that card's meaning was of withcraft.

I'd have to wonder how long the reader had been studying tarot to make such a statement, particularly since from your post, it appears she did not let the reader know which card she interpreted to mean "witchcraft."

stella01904

psychicbody said:
Wicca is just a religion, so there is nothing specifically magickal about it, no more than Christianity.
MM ~ It's a religio-magic system. "Wicca without magic" is a purely modern phenomenon. People DO practice it, but as a rule Wicca includes magic.
Devoted magickal practitioners (not exclusively witches, but thos who also practice High Magick), as stated, do not acknowlege any embodyment of good/evil, because those do not exist. If the girl claims to be a certaintain "alignment" then she is probably either a Fool (pun intended), or some wreckless dabbler.
Or a b.s.er trying to intimidate a rival! :D
BB, Stella