Did a reading, then did it again, rewording the question to make sure, and then...

velocitygirl

Two of the cards from the previous spread came up, and in the exact same spaces as before.

Inept shuffling or are the cards seriously trying to tell me something?

Gyda

I would go with trying to tell you something.

Gyda

huredriel

Did you deal straight from the deck, or random pull. I would take more notice if these were from random pull.

cormac

velocitygirl said:
Two of the cards from the previous spread came up, and in the exact same spaces as before.

Inept shuffling or are the cards seriously trying to tell me something?

it could very well be 'inept shuffling' but then ask yourself why didn't you shuffle better? or was 'inept shuffling' a part of this reading to drive home the point of the two recurring cards?

When i was starting out (about 6 months ago) the first deck i ever bought contained the Temperance major reversed in the deck ... the desk had never been opened ... i asked about it on the board and someone replied "everything that happens in tarot is telling you something" -- oddly enough when i found out how to figure out your 'birth card' it happened to be Temperance ... i certainly take all that as telling me something

i think the same is true with these two cards recurring ... regardless of every other factor, the tarot is trying to tell you some i think :)

WalesWoman

There are many threads about this... but when the same cards keep coming up, no matter how many times you ask the question, reword it or do another type of spread...
you got the answer you needed the first time.

velocitygirl

Yeah, true. They seemed quite fitting the first time, too. I got different cards/different places in the first time I did the spread nevertheless, and got a better, though only slightly different, answer the next one when I was a little less broad in my question.

Funnily enough I do remember shuffling quite well, then cutting the cards and shuffling again, these cards were next to eachother when I did it both times, so I suppose they never got separated in the shuffling...

Dutchess

The cards are *definitely* trying to tell you something. This happens to me quite often and it is almost as if they are saying to me "Didnt I JUST tell you this 5 minutes ago?!" :)

velocitygirl

Haha, it sounds almost comical when you put it like that. Sometimes they seem to really have a mind of their own.