High Priestess Rx as what someone wants

Reverie

... how someone wants a relationship to be like?

I have no idea! Would this be someone who desires a relationship that is drama free, free of secrecy... or on the contrary?

I'd love to hear your ideas! Thank you. This card is very confusing.

Thirteen

cutiecutie said:
If it's a RX HPS, then they want the relationship to have NO secrets or mysteries. To be an open book, full disclosure. That'd be my first interpretation.

Seafra

My first reaction was superficial - the person doesn't want a deep relationship. Not interested in sharing secrets.

MeeWah

Possibly an unconventional or 'open' relationship with no commitment.

Reverie

Hello everyone! Thank you for these great ideas! I will have to ponder about it in my situation. Very interesting.

I did also see the HP RX as having no secrets, but I'm not sure which one fits here!

willowfox

A relationship that is open but not deep, a sexual relationship with no interest in going anywhere else with it. Perhaps being rather controlling and restless, taking all mystery out of the relationship because they only want the physical aspect of it.

Seafra

Oh yeah, and lots of sex =)

Reverie

These are definitely very possible in my case... for what this person wants... thanks both! Can the HP right side up also represent someone that wants a sexual relationship, but a deeper one?

Thirteen

cutiecutie said:
These are definitely very possible in my case... for what this person wants... thanks both! Can the HP right side up also represent someone that wants a sexual relationship, but a deeper one?
I don't identify the HPS with "Sex" per se. It's not that I exclude her from it, but she's not the same as, say, the Queen of Wands (very passionate), or the Queen Pents/Empress, earthy sensuality, woman who are interested in sex for the sheer, sexy joy of it. The HPS, upright, is about mystery. So upright, if there's the question of sexuality, she'd want to *maintain* the mysteries of sex--keep her sexual secrets and dole them out as she sees fit to get the most esoteric results. Rather like the Kama Sutra, intermixing sex and spirituality.

Likewise, I wouldn't read HPS rx as "wants lots of sex!" so much as someone who wants an "open" sexual relationship, no secrets or mysteries.

The HPS is not a nymphomaniac whether upright or reversed. Upright she could be a woman who wants to hold back on sex, either a maiden virgin or a Priestess who holds to chastity when needed for the mysteries, and gives into sex when needed for the mysteries. Upright, she is in total control of the sex, knowing what not only she wants/needs, but also what her partner wants/needs and directing the sex toward it's deepest, most spiritual conclusion. In the upright position she could well stand for a sacred prostitute, priestesses who provided sex as a means of connecting to the divine.

Do you see? To read a lot of sex into her isn't, IMHO, accurate. The upright/reversed of the HPS in regards to sex is simply a matter of whether the sex is going to be deep and mysterious (upright) or shallow and transparent (rx). The card can't tell you if the person wants a sexual relationship, only how she (or he) views sex. Get this card upright and the person could tell you, "Sex is a deep spiritual bond, so I don't want it until we're farther along," or they could tell you, "Sex is a way to connect to our higher selves; let me show you all the ways it can do this." Likewise with the reverse. Someone could say, "Sex is overrated, it's just animal nature, let's do without." Or they could say, "Sex shouldn't be a mystery or a big deal; let's have sex when we want and how we want, no secrets, no strings."

See? Amount of sex upright or rx can be none or lots. It's only the viewpoint of what the sex means that changes.

FaireMaiden

cutiecutie said:
High Priestess Rx as what someone wants

Given the question, the High Priestess Reversed in this case augers a desire for a profane sexual 'affair'... NOT a sacred, tantric 'relationship'...