Reading for when someone passes?

queenmil

Is there anything you can do right after a loved one pastaway ?

a_shikhs

You can get answers from the departed ones through tarot.

Thirteen

Don't do it!

queenmil said:
I really would avoid trying to contact someone right after passing--unless the circumstances were odd or extreme, like someone in a long term coma who no one got to talk to before they passed, or someone who died in some distant place and was never found.

People need time to deal with their shock and their grief, to mourn. This is not the time to say to say or do anything other than tell them, "I'm very sorry for your loss." Likewise, from what certain psychics have told me, the dead as well need time to make their transition. It's beyond cruel to try and keep them pinned to life, rather than letting them find their new place in the spirit world

There will be time enough later to have such spiritual conversations if the loved ones really want and need it. But doing it right after would be, IMHO, brutally insensitive and wrong. This is not a time to hold on. It's a time to let go, to deal with change, the turning of the wheel. If you try to hold on, neither side will ever be able to move on. And that would be very wrong.

Azarial

Yes, I've talked a lot to people who have passed with the use of tarot.

willowfox

queenmil said:

Wait.

raeanne

queenmil said:
Be kind to yourself. Lean on friends and family and let them lean on you. Cry. Remember the good times and laugh. Learn to recognize the stages of grief. Know that everyone adjusts at their own pace. Eat a piece of chocolate. Light a candle for the one who has passed. Write a letter to that individual and then take it outside and burn it so the smoke can rise with your message. Use this time to learn more about yourself. Try to identify that feeling in your chest and explore the way it extends to every part of your body. Take a walk in nature. Watch a sunrise or sunset. Pray. Tell everyone who is still here just how much you love them. Wake up each morning and live life to its fullest.

Grizabella

When I used the Wild Spirit to ask what my husband would say to me if he could tell me something, it was out of curiosity and I really didn't believe I'd get a significant answer. It was just on the spur of the moment. But it was a few years after his death, not right after. I got an astonishing answer that made a believer in those things out of me but I've never gotten anything even remotely like that since. I've also never tried to contact anyone else I've known who has passed.

I agree that you shouldn't try to hang onto them or contact them right after death. Most people have a really hard time leaving their loved ones and if you contact them after death, it makes them "miss their bus", so to speak and they can't move on.

BLFO

Thirteen said:
I really would avoid trying to contact someone right after passing--unless the circumstances were odd or extreme, like someone in a long term coma who no one got to talk to before they passed, or someone who died in some distant place and was never found.

People need time to deal with their shock and their grief, to mourn. This is not the time to say to say or do anything other than tell them, "I'm very sorry for your loss." Likewise, from what certain psychics have told me, the dead as well need time to make their transition. It's beyond cruel to try and keep them pinned to life, rather than letting them find their new place in the spirit world

There will be time enough later to have such spiritual conversations if the loved ones really want and need it. But doing it right after would be, IMHO, brutally insensitive and wrong. This is not a time to hold on. It's a time to let go, to deal with change, the turning of the wheel. If you try to hold on, neither side will ever be able to move on. And that would be very wrong.

I say give the reading but write it down or type it on paper and put it on an enveloppe. When that person who is grieving has the strenght to read it then they will open up the enveloppe.

I did this via email with a person whose grandfather has died. I told them it was a reading for thier grandfather like a few days after he died, but I told the person that he shouldn't read the rest of the email unless he is ready emotionally to do so.

Some people are and some people are not ready for reading right away. I let them decide in a discrete way. Because death is different for everybody. Some people don't grieve at all. I have seen some folks happy that someone died like it was a relief or a burden lifted from them.

priscilla

as i recall there's a spread about connecting with the past away. better check it in the spreads section