8 of cups as how someone sees you

Salena

He sees me going through a period of introspection, unfulfilled, etc.I'm confused. Does it mean that he's the one doing the soul searching?

kalistella

Hi

Maybe he sees you as walking away from something unfulfilling or disappointing to look for something bigger and better. Maybe the missing cup that would make the 9 cups meaning satisfaction.

8 connects to the Strength card so he may see you as a strong person. It takes strength to turn your back on an old out dated situation that is familiar but no longer right to take a different path leading to the potentially wonderful unknown.

Is this in a romantic or platonic sense?

Salena

Hi

Maybe he sees you as walking away from something unfulfilling or disappointing to look for something bigger and better. Maybe the missing cup that would make the 9 cups meaning satisfaction.

8 connects to the Strength card so he may see you as a strong person. It takes strength to turn your back on an old out dated situation that is familiar but no longer right to take a different path leading to the potentially wonderful unknown.

Is this in a romantic or platonic sense?

It's in a platonic sense. I find myself confused. I thought it could also mean that he's doing soul searching - so he doesn't see me.

kalistella

As I read it, your question was how he sees you so it's not how he sees himself with regard to the situation. The focus is on his view of you. It's from his perspective of you, not his of his own actions or himself......as I understand it. So I don't think he's doing the soul searching as such. I could be wrong though.

Hope all that made sense anyway :D

nisaba

Hi

Maybe he sees you as walking away from something unfulfilling or disappointing to look for something bigger and better.

Or they simply see them as someone who gives up and goes away when things get tough.

Salena

Or they simply see them as someone who gives up and goes away when things get tough.
I could see this as well. I admire your wisdom Nisaba.

As I read it, your question was how he sees you so it's not how he sees himself with regard to the situation. The focus is on his view of you. It's from his perspective of you, not his of his own actions or himself......as I understand it. So I don't think he's doing the soul searching as such. I could be wrong though.

Hope all that made sense anyway :D
It does make sense thanx for your help. I find myself confused when asking about someone else. I'll be sure to make a note of this.

PeonyInLove

He sees you as someone who doesn't take no crap. If they are not getting what they feel they need then they will drop that situation or person and try to never look back.

Edit: I dunno why but that Bulletproof came into my head!

'I'm burning bridges shore to shore
I break away from something more
I'm not turned off to love until it's cheap...'

LeFou

He sees me going through a period of introspection, unfulfilled, etc.I'm confused. Does it mean that he's the one doing the soul searching?

And what do you know about what he thinks of you? Surely the Tarot isn't merely speaking about 8 of Cups in general, without regard to your situation -- would you agree?

Salena

He sees you as someone who doesn't take no crap. If they are not getting what they feel they need then they will drop that situation or person and try to never look back.

Edit: I dunno why but that Bulletproof came into my head!

'I'm burning bridges shore to shore
I break away from something more
I'm not turned off to love until it's cheap...'

This rings true to me. I'm not sure if it's a good thing though.

Salena

And what do you know about what he thinks of you? Surely the Tarot isn't merely speaking about 8 of Cups in general, without regard to your situation -- would you agree?

I'm not sure what to think, but it's interesting consulting the tarot with these questions-- imo. As far as I know, neither of us have performed the actions depicted in the 8 of cups. I'll come back and update this thread if anything changes.