Faeries Oracle (Brian Froud) or Healing with the Fairies (Doreen Virtue)

laurenhuang

Hi everyone

I am equally drawn to above two mentioned deck.
But due to budget
I can only get One !
Which one would you best recommended?
I would love Uplifting messages from an Oracle but at the same time Accurate readings

Gwynydd

Froud over Virtue hands down!

Gwynydd

Yes, but that's just my opinion, others might feel differently

laurenhuang

Yes, but that's just my opinion, others might feel differently

Thank you for your feedback !
I am attracted to both but could only get one
can't decide at all !!! :)

Alta

I have both and the Froud deck is so much better than the Virtue deck as there to be no comparison. And the book by Jessica Macbeth is also a real jewel.

DDwarks

Froud over Virtue. No contest in my opinion.

Laura Borealis

I have only seen pics of the Doreen Virtue deck online. But it seems very different from the Froud Faeries.

The Froud Faeries aren't all pretty - there is a lot of variety. Some young, some old. Some are impish, some are ugly, and some yes are beautiful. There are quite a few cards that are just abstract beings made of light.

In contrast, the Doreen Virtue deck looks like all the figures are pretty young women.

The Virtue deck looks very colorful, with bright borders. The Froud Faeries aren't exactly drab, but the predominant color is brown because they are woods faeries and usually have trees and leaves and the forest floor as backgrounds. Oh, and the borders are brown, and some cards are monochrome sketches rather than full paintings. I personally love all the browns and grays but I've heard some people complain about it.

The Doreen Virtue deck has key phrases like "Inner Power" and "Letting Go" whereas the Froud cards have the faeries' names or titles, like "Losgunna" or "the Journeyman".

I really love the Froud deck and would totally recommend it, but it really depends on what you want and expect from an oracle. The Faeries will make you work a little harder for your reading, I think. The Doreen Virtue decks seem less deep, but that's just my impression.

You might consider the Heart of Faerie deck too, also by Froud and also gorgeous. It's a bit more colorful and I think of it as the "city faeries" compared to the original "country faeries" of the Faerie Oracle.

Le Fanu

*pointedly ignoring the Virtue deck because it's just not worth it...*

I had both Froud decks - and the Heart of Faerie is really worth checking out. I prefered it much more than the first Froud Oracle.

It's like Froud Fairies Oracle part II but somehow more romantic...

laurenhuang

That is really alot of helpful reviews and comments
thank you so much!
I finally know which one i should get !
heart of faeries is really nice !!! But i think i would get Faeries oracle.
i find some of the faes really cute though they look ugly to some