The World as "outcome."

wheelie

I think I have finally figured out the "Using Tarot Cards" protocol!

If it's okay, I'm going to do a three-card spread about work and ask about whatever card falls in the outcome position.

Question: With spring semester coming to a close in a few weeks and summer semester beginning, what should I be thinking about regarding working with other faculty as well as teaching and planning classes?

Card: Original RWS deck: The World

My interpretation: after going through the process described by the other cards, the outcome for the transition between semesters will feel like a taste of heaven with many diverse elements feeling in harmony. The transition will not only feel like a new beginning but going up a level.

What other ways might there be to read this card in this situation and position?

Barleywine

Because the World carries a positive connotation of completion and success, and it corresponds to the planet Saturn, I often think of it as the culmination of a lot of hard work. As far as "Where do I go from here?" I sometimes see the World as the stepping-off point for the next phase of development, rather than thinking of it as rebooting with the Fool. I even created a 23rd trump for myself showing a "cosmic" destination, although I don't use it in reading.

Attachments

• Spiral Arm Card.jpg
    Spiral Arm Card.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 3,753

rwcarter

You may list and/or discuss up to half of the cards from a reading in UTC. So :thumbsup: for only listing one card from your three card reading.

As for your interpretation, you didn't ask about your feelings. You asked what you should be thinking about. Hopefully one of the other two cards addressed what you should be thinking about. The World as outcome would address the result of whatever the other two cards were pointing to. So, as a result, the World suggests that you will reach some level of completion or attainment regarding interacting with other faculty, teaching and planning classes (but we don't know which one as those are 3 different things for me and would require 3 different readings). A quite literal interpretation is that you'll be on top of the world as the outcome of addressing whatever things were brought up by the other two cards.

Rodney

wheelie

Because the World carries a positive connotation of completion and success, and it corresponds to the planet Saturn, I often think of it as the culmination of a lot of hard work. As far as "Where do I go from here?" I sometimes see the World as the stepping-off point for the next phase of development, rather than thinking of it as rebooting with the Fool. I even created a 23rd trump for myself showing a "cosmic" destination, although I don't use it in reading.

Wow. Cool card, Barleywine. I still don't understand the integration of Zodiac with tarot; however the "hard work" aspect in your reading goes along with what the other cards suggest as well as the situation we face at the end of a semester. Thank you.

wheelie

You may list and/or discuss up to half of the cards from a reading in UTC. So :thumbsup: for only listing one card from your three card reading.

As for your interpretation, you didn't ask about your feelings. You asked what you should be thinking about. Hopefully one of the other two cards addressed what you should be thinking about. The World as outcome would address the result of whatever the other two cards were pointing to. So, as a result, the World suggests that you will reach some level of completion or attainment regarding interacting with other faculty, teaching and planning classes (but we don't know which one as those are 3 different things for me and would require 3 different readings). A quite literal interpretation is that you'll be on top of the world as the outcome of addressing whatever things were brought up by the other two cards.

Rodney

Ha, ha. I misread my own spread by exchanging "feeling" FOR "thinking"; thanks for catching that. I'll try to follow up as to whether the result turns out to be "on top of the world," but your reading makes sense as the other two cards indicate a process or story.

danieljuk

The World is both a positive celebration of an end to the cycle but also poses a challenge. You have completed the Spring Semester and congratulations :thumbsup: But that cycle has come to an end and you have worked hard with teaching and planning and working with others and you have made a success of it. Now for the next cycle in the Summer Semester, how can you better yourself, how can you go to a higher level (literally and metaphorically). Can you take more responsibility or now take on other opportunities coming your way, more responsibility? I think you should be thinking about what can you accomplish now in the next semester? Can you ask other staff members for a greater role or your own area of responsibility? Don't just repeat the last cycle, better it and make progress :)

wheelie

The World is both a positive celebration of an end to the cycle but also poses a challenge. You have completed the Spring Semester and congratulations :thumbsup: But that cycle has come to an end and you have worked hard with teaching and planning and working with others and you have made a success of it. Now for the next cycle in the Summer Semester, how can you better yourself, how can you go to a higher level (literally and metaphorically). Can you take more responsibility or now take on other opportunities coming your way, more responsibility? I think you should be thinking about what can you accomplish now in the next semester? Can you ask other staff members for a greater role or your own area of responsibility? Don't just repeat the last cycle, better it and make progress :)

Thank you, danieljuk!

I like the way you present The World card as part of a cycle and how you apply it directly to the situation, which is still in progress. The advice is well taken in this question form! Since we have been relieved of some duties, it does make sense that I can look for other opportunities, as you suggest.

wheelie

Update

Update: As a few of you all have mentioned that The World can indicate a new phase (Barleywine) or new responsibilities (danieljul), I want to share something that's been developing that I had not applied to "The World" at first.

I have been looking into the possibility of learning curriculum for a new class in humanities that I have not taught before. Yesterday, another instructor put the textbook for that course in my mailbox, a brand-new, shrink-wrapped sign that you all are absolutely on target!

Ruby Jewel

Update: As a few of you all have mentioned that The World can indicate a new phase (Barleywine) or new responsibilities (danieljul), I want to share something that's been developing that I had not applied to "The World" at first.

I have been looking into the possibility of learning curriculum for a new class in humanities that I have not taught before. Yesterday, another instructor put the textbook for that course in my mailbox, a brand-new, shrink-wrapped sign that you all are absolutely on target!

Might that not be considered a case of synchronicity? If so, perhaps we can add that word to the World card.

Prilica

I would say it points that the experience you have learned before, will help you in your new plans. Here you aren't like the fool without any knowledge, I sense this card carries experience and you will expand your horizons with the new plans you have in mind.