Sacred-Circle - 2 of Swords

Phoenyx*

Just thought I'd start the thread, so we can get a jump start on it. I'll post more when I get home from work, or tomorrow morning.

~T~

lunakasha

Yippeeee!!!

I am anxious to start on the next card....this is so much fun!

:D Luna

paradoxx

2 swords
keyword-opposition
photograph-Drombeg Circle, Ireland.
This stone circle in County Cork is aligned to teh winter solstice sunset in one direction and therfore the summer solstice in teh other. This represnts the equal and opposed forces of winter an dsummer held in eternal balance.

Stalemate, stagnation, discomfort, armed truce, status quo.

These swords have no red gems in the hilt or handle and are entirely bronze(?).

Phoenyx*

The first of the clouds are starting to set in, from the brilliant clear dawning of the Ace of Swords. Two bronze (or gold) swords are in direct opposition to one another, one points diagonally point downwards, the other points diagonally point upwards. The fields behind the stone circle are still verdant and plush, full of the possibility of good grazing land for sheep, or healthy loamy ground to grow crops in.
The stone circle is aligned for winter and summer solstices...the very peak of the darkness and infertile times, and the very peak of the light and fertile times. This card is very much a card of direct opposition, and thusly, is the descendant of the Ace of Swords.
While the Ace of Swords is that burst of energy when you have a fresh idea, the next logical thing to do, would be to start putting that idea into action, letting it out in the world. That's when you notice that it won't be as easy as you first thought. The beginnings of reality start to set in.
Will you bow to the pressure or will you take that opposition and use it to help form your idea? Will it break you, or will it strengthen your resolve?

mj07

the journey of the sword...

Following what Triquetra said, the sword starts off on it's own all shiny and new, but it doesn't go far on its journey before it realizes it's not the only sword in the box, I mean, world! It's first challenge is another sword!

"Wait, we're like CLONES of each other! And we have the same powers!"

They fight, because after all, isn't the function of a sword to DO something, not just look all pretty and floaty up in the clouds! But they're evenly matched, they cannot accomplish anything by fighting. So instead, they remain "opposed" but not clashing. The fact they are at an angle, though, implies to me that they are still ready for action. They still haven't quite acceped the existence of the other, or the "others" right to exist.

cjtarot

what I see..

Hi,

I am learning so much..thanks..

Here is what I seeeee..it has nothing to do with book meanings.

When I look at this card I see 2 people looking at a 3/4 circle of stones..note the white tip on 2 of the stones.

these 2 wise ones see the whole picture, the people involved (the stones) and the issue (the swords..that are starting to rust-eating away at the mind and body). Basically what they see is a problem tearing the person I am reading for apart and someone else (or a few others) in their life.

the forces of the swords are both earthly and spiritual (the swords are pointing up and down) which confirms the concept that personal conflicts over material things or even words said destroy both your physical world and spiritual.

notice how the clouds are darkening the land in the background. The person you are reading from must understand that their problems are never just theirs..they affect others..darken their lives too..

Blessings

CJ

contrascarpe

The sky is overcast but not as foreboding as in the Ace. The swords are suspended in mid-air - are they rising or falling? They face in different directions - are they dependent on each other for balance?

The rolling landscape is beautiful and in the foreground (is this Stonehenge? If not, it is definitely a similar druid symbol - I am taking part in this exercise without reading the book or reading previous posts so that my mind is clear as I look at the card) is a man-made structure - balance of nature vs. man's accomplishments? The monument is not out of place with the landscape. Again the word balance comes to mind even the word "Opposition" titles the card.

Dan

13thFaeChylde

"armed truce" is what we have here. no going forward b/c the other sword could strike, nor going backward. forced equilibrium.

although the sky appears calm, there may be seething differences just underneath the surface that could ignite, should one of the swords break from the holding pattern.

"Drombeg Stone Circle is aligned to the winter solstice one direction, and the summer in the other...representing the equal and opposed forces of winter and summer, held in eternal balance"

that sums it up for me...equal and opposed forces.

Phoenyx*

13thFaeChylde said:
"armed truce" is what we have here. no going forward b/c the other sword could strike, nor going backward. forced equilibrium.

This just occured to me when you wrote it 13th...what if the sword *can't* go backwards? Just like a pawn can't go backwards on a chessboard, and we can't go backwards in time either, well, not literally....not that I know of...what if it *has* to continue forward?

starsongs

2 of Swords, Opposition

The Swords are facing opposite directions and are suspended over a green landscape that incudes an ancient stone circle.

Its almost as if the swords are held suspended in mid air until they hear each ancient one speak. There are no red "willful" stones...the stones are unobtrusive in the same mettalic shade as the sword...

when outside of the circle, energy is focused inward on better understanding the area each stone represents (in the stone circle).

This card suggests to me the process of being an objective observer, taking in all kinds of information from which to make choices and decisions later that will result in better balance..

starsongs