The eyeball-art-thread :D

DewDrop

lark !
u gotta tell me how its going with the eyeball-art :D

My mother that is also into tarot gave me an interesting point; to paint the cards as we like them is very positive because noone else in the world will have the same, our cards are now realy spesial :)

lark

Hi Ellie
I agree with your mother.
I feel that they are my cards and I can do what I want to them to make them mine.
Some people here feel that you should never draw on your cards because the artist had a reason for the way they drew the card.
And you are altering their meaning.

But I think it is better to fix what bothers you on a deck and use it than let it sit on the shelf.
And being an artist myself if I drew a tarot deck I wouldn't be offended it someone "tweeked" my drawings to suit there vision of the card.
Like your mother said it makes them special and intimate to you, no one has a deck just like it.

Already I'm connecting with the Sacred Rose better because I've layed all the cards out and I'm slowly going through them and drawing their eyes.
They're becoming very familar to me.
Taking on different personalities.
It's fun!

DewDrop

lark said:

Some people here feel that you should never draw on your cards because the artist had a reason for the way they drew the card.
And you are altering their meaning.

I´m happy that its going so well for u with the cards Lark!
About the sentens above, is there a thread u know about here at aeclectic that discusses this matter? Be because i realy belive that there could be some interesting discussions :D

I did cut the white edges of my cards and it gave them a realy mystic and threedimentional glow, but be careful...like the perfectionist that i am it took me four days and i belive u understand why regarding the unregular borders...lol