Thoth link

Dean

For those of us who love reading the Thoth deck, here is something i found to help anyone who is just starting to read and understand the Thoth interpretions by using this insightful link below.

http://www.angelpaths.com/tarotl.html

Dävid

While there are kernels of truth in some of what they have to say...on the whole it is a very New Age interpretation of something that isn't meant to be subjected to such.

Lillie

Umm.

Well. Everything is a personal interpretation.

I read the BoT, you read the BoT, we both think it means different things. (probably)
It's perspective. Everyones is different.

Anything that gets peoplee interested in this deck has to be good.

If the deck speaks to them, or touches them they will want to find out more.

Dean

Dävid said:
While there are kernels of truth in some of what they have to say...on the whole it is a very New Age interpretation.

Yes these interpretions are in fact very much new age, but have you ever tried learning the Thoth deck for the first time with the BOT.

Over the last 7yrs i have read alot of other published books based on Thoth interpretions that have given me alot of valied foundation on how to the read the Thoth deck, and only by my own experiance the BOT does sometimes leave a first timer more confused even before they get started.:)

Lillie

Dean said:
Yes these interpretions are in fact very much new age, but have you ever tried learning the Thoth deck for the first time with the BOT.

Over the last 7yrs i have read alot of other published books based on Thoth interpretions that have given me alot of valied foundation on how to the read the Thoth deck, and only by my own experiance the BOT does sometimes leave a first timer more confused even before they get started.:)

Well, I did.
But I found that mental illness and heavy medication helped a lot. :)
Cos when you do it like that, you don't understand it, but you don't realise it at the time, and you think you have the secrets of the universe.
It's well cool.
I recommend it.

(or start with something easier)

Dean

Lillie said:
Well, I did.
But I found that mental illness and heavy medication helped a lot. :)
Cos when you do it like that, you don't understand it, but you don't realise it at the time,

Haha Lillie, i did use to drink alot of my brother's can's of Carlsberg when i first started reading the Thoth, but i think i might of turned into a heavy drinker if i continued with finishing the BOT.:D

Now after many yrs of plowing through other books i think the BOT is a favourite of mine now, it does come up with alot of interesting things that i missed when i first read through it.

Lillie

Yeah, weird, isn't it!

I've been reading it on and off for years.

Always something new.

Drinking is not good for you, though. It always ends up with blood and broken glass.
Does with me, anyway.

Dävid

Sorry, I wasn't out to offend any! And actually...the BOT is the only help I've ever had in studying the deck.

Dean

Dävid said:
Sorry, I wasn't out to offend any! And actually...the BOT is the only help I've ever had in studying the deck.

Well like i said not everyone will get the BOT at first, it took me until recently to really understand what the book was telling me, and i have been really surprised about how much i didn't understand when i first read it seven yrs ago. It was only by reading other books that i have come to understand the BOT fully now.:)

It's good that you seem to have grasped the BOT, but i think it's alot information that's not easy for a beginner.

Lillie

I agree.
Although I have only ever had the BoT myself, mainly because there were no other books when I first got the deck!
Recently (last week) I got the Suster book, which is very good, if you don't mind his tone of voice.
But after 20 odd years I doubt it will radically change my view of the cards!

But I find a lot of people on this forum say that they find the BoT very difficult, and even intimidating.
Crowley had a beautiful command of the English language. The product of a top notch English education. But these days the language can be difficult and old fashioned to someone unused to it.
So anything that gives them a way into the deck, and into the BoT itself, has got to be good.

I would always reccomend the BoT, but different people come to it in dfferent ways. And anything that aids understanding has to be a good thing.