Ten of cups Satiety

Adjustment

10 of cups-Satiety, Mars in Pisces

The cups form the shape of the tree of life, the cups the cups are unstable and spills the water from the great lotus that hangs over them.

The impression i get from this card is about the completion of a situation where everything have been acomplished and we not longer find it interesting.

any other thought on Satiety.

ravenest

Damn!
[Ravenest sits back and undoes his belt]

Now I can't fit that yummy looking desert in.

Cosmotaroist

Despite that some may think otherwise, this card, regardless of the 'tipping' cups, looks not negative but somewhat optimistic to me. It signals "fullfilled" or "done" to me.......just like when you feel up a tank of gas....that sort of satified desire.....but it is not like 4 of wands in that 10 of cups spells out more of a emotional and psychological fullfilment than the physical completion of the 4 of wands......

just my 2 cents

mooiedragon

I was contemplating this card just the other day and the aspect of "completeness" it implies.

Water and emotion are very unstable, they are always changing. We feel the happiness from the nine of cups because we have everything we need and it looks as though we are going to get everything we want. Once we reach the ten of cups, we have everything we want and because I think it's just in our nature to want more, this state of being makes us feel incomplete. Maybe because we were depending on outside influences to keep the flow of emotion, when really, after you examine the Pisces influence on the card, those things are not capable of giving us complete happiness. I'm not explaining this well at all, sorry!

Basically, I've always felt that this card sort of suggests, that you have everything you thought was going to make you happy, but your not happy because the thing you thought could bring you happiness can only give you so much. Or something. I don't know, maybe somebody can finish my thoughts for me - they made perfect sense in my head!

Mooie

ravenest

Cosmotaroist said:
Despite that some may think otherwise, this card, regardless of the 'tipping' cups, looks not negative but somewhat optimistic to me. It signals "fullfilled" or "done" to me.......just like when you feel up a tank of gas....that sort of satified desire.....but it is not like 4 of wands in that 10 of cups spells out more of a emotional and psychological fullfilment than the physical completion of the 4 of wands......

just my 2 cents

Yes, and with all that water flowing thru the cups it certainly wont be stagnent or stale.

'My cup runneth over.'

Also I'm reminded of enrgy flowing thru as well as flowing over. That also purifies and strengthens.

Also of the 'Fountain' technique of psychic enrgy (Chi, etc) flowing out the top chakra and down over the others and the whole self.

(Good value for 2 cents!)

thinbuddha

ravenest said:
'My cup runneth over.'
If you cup is full, you have nothing to look forward to.

The image always looked positive to me, however, the title of the card does hint at some negative meanings. One has gone beyond satisfaction- it is beyond "drinking your fill", so to speak. When you imagine the analogy of eating and drinking so much that you are overflowing, the picture doesn't look so rosey after all.

mgrace

"If 'A,' then 'B' is on the way!

I forget where I read--it looks like a joyous state, but it is "so complete," it's already heading in the other direction. I was "a bit" resistant about that, but, it's as in the I Ching: a "favorable" answer means points to "the other kind" coming next -- if we are in one state, we're heading toward the other! I'm still working with it as, How does this feel in the particular instance; and going by the imagery of the deck I or the querent selected be used, what stands out to me at the time, and how my body feels, and the surrounding cards.