Suggestions for Marcelo Inciso Backs?

h3ll0k1tt33

me too! it is absolutely lovely and perfect. <3

mrpants

blue_fusion, your card back is brilliant! Good work :)

Philosopher

Very Nice! I really like it!
But I got curious about the pips...

blue_fusion

Thanks Laura Borealis, h3ll0k1tt33, and mrpants! :)

Very Nice! I really like it!
But I got curious about the pips...

Here are some examples. Below are 2 Deniers and 9 Epees (the titles, for those cards with titles, will be in Italian. But I haven't added them yet :D) I am not sure if it is noticeable, but I had the central sword woven into the crisscrossing "swords" on the sides. I did the same thing with the other swords cards and the staves as well, at least those with odd numbered cards. I wanted to stay close (but not copy) to the look of older decks while at the same time leave my (hopefully noticeable) stamp into the design. :)

Attachments

• TwoDenierS.jpg
    TwoDenierS.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 274
  • NineEpee.jpg
    NineEpee.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 279

Philosopher

Pips reversables! Nice!
Pretty goog looking. I like this style, sounds diferent just by the colors.

blue_fusion

Pips reversables! Nice!
Pretty goog looking. I like this style, sounds diferent just by the colors.

Thank you! I actually find it pretty hard working on something monochromatic, as well as with the "indirect" method I've devised for this deck.

And yes, the pips are reversible, so that folks who use reversals can use them with this deck. The back design is reversible too - even to the smallest detail. Tarotists (and gamblers! Haha) have such keen eyes for details that some may latch their eyes on a smudge or a spot on the back of a particular card so that the next time this card back turns up, they'd immediately know which card that back belongs to.

bonebeach

First off: GORGEOUS WORK! duuude. I'm usually only a fan of, say, the Soprafino and onward...but I love the look of your cards. Would totally buy.

I think the card back you designed is very nice! However, if you're still kicking around alternatives, may I suggest a repeating pattern taken from the background of your star card? The eight stars already take up about half the card--slightly bigger and mirrored, you'd have a very nice card back.

Regardless! I love this and you're wonderful.

blue_fusion

First off: GORGEOUS WORK! duuude. I'm usually only a fan of, say, the Soprafino and onward...but I love the look of your cards. Would totally buy.

I think the card back you designed is very nice! However, if you're still kicking around alternatives, may I suggest a repeating pattern taken from the background of your star card? The eight stars already take up about half the card--slightly bigger and mirrored, you'd have a very nice card back.

Regardless! I love this and you're wonderful.

Thanks! I'll try out your back design idea if there's time. I'm pushing for finalizing everything early this week. I kinda like your suggestion, though, since it's a bit something between a repeating kind of background and a carpet-style one.

If you want to follow the progress of the cards, do view this thread: http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=234035

Thanks again! :)