Marseilles Seekers Thread (First Exercise)

Wendywu

Also, I cannot find the original essays that EE refers to in the opening (and some subsequent) posts in this thread. They were on his site but have gone. Does anyone know where they are?

I got his Looking at the Marseilles Tarot (still available from http://www.mindseyeview.com/marseilles-tarot.html) back in 2009 but the essays he refers to were different, I believe.

Any help gratefully received!

Wendywu

So, looking at this exercise I drew:

LeMonde, Valet de Denier, As de Coupes

My immediate impression is that I like these cards. I feel cheerful, happy and things are looking good!

The rise and fall rhythm I get is high (Lemonde floats), Low (the Valet is on the ground) and Low (the Cup is on the ground).

Also I can see down (her arms), up (his arm), down (the leaves on the cup dangle).

Looking now for eye rhymes –

Ones/Circles – The wreath, the Coin, the Cup itself

LeMonde holds up a scepter, the Valet holds up a coin, the goblet holds up a palace type thing.

The beings in the corners of Lemonde have haloes, the Valet has a lemniscate shaped hat (halo of a sort), the cup has a laurel wreath of leaves.

LeMonde has a belt of leaves, the Valet has a belt of cloth, the cup has a belt of leaves.

Also, I see 4 “adjuncts” (the beings in the corners), 2 “adjuncts” (the coins), 0 “adjuncts”

Now this last bit was really interesting to do! I shall do it again with other sets of random cards.

Wendywu

The basic idea here is this:

OBJECTIVE OBSERVATION PROMPTS INTUITIVE INSIGHT

We observe, looking for eye rhymes and visual rhythms without projecting our intellectual understanding of the symbols on the cards, and once we have detected all these poetic patterns we allow an all-encompassing idea to label the essence of what we are seeing.

It is important not to start projecting meaning in each symbol, or we stop looking. We are trained to not seeing, but to be told what is in there to see. As soon as we think we know what an image is about we stop paying attention. That is why is so important to detect all eye rhymes before trying to detect a message

And this is the key to this latter exercise, which I'll do again several times this week just to make sure it's really drilled in.

Chiska

Hadar TdM

Feelings: fear, trepidation, unease, discomfort, shivering

Initial Reaction: Surprise

Analysis: The surprise was based on the fact that this was the same card I had drawn days before as my daily draw. Why did I feel so positive then and yet felt different today??

The card shows 8 coins carefully and SYMMETRICALLY arranged. Aha! This is a difference. In the daily draw with the Thoth 8 of Disks, I liked the lack of symmetry in the image. I have made a point for many years to shove my OCD tendencies to the side. I do not embrace my OCD, but rather work to overcome it. It hinders my ability to perceive things with an open mind. My OCD screams that everything MUST MUST MUST be arranged in perfect rows and columns. By color, by shape, by use. But my logical side firmly says, "No. We shall place this one out of order and we will like it."

I suppose this card, which speaks of getting your affairs in order - neat and tidy - saving for the future - and all that is fine and dandy on the surface, but sometimes this careful saving and planning becomes an issue. It becomes a hindrance rather than a help when you focus so intently on planning and lose sight of living. Just like losing your life to obsessive planning and control of your situation.

It pulls up thoughts of the "woulda, shoulda, coulda" mantra. While time is spent in worry, life goes by and moments are lost forever.

I don't want to be constrained by some mental "thing" that insists everything be arranged precisely. I refuse to be restricted by this and I think that might be why this card filled me with dread. And yet, it was positive the other day - but only because it was representing those things that make the practical side of me happy while avoiding being OCD about the whole thing.

Interpretation:
- What is going on with the inheritance? It proceeds in an orderly fashion as the affairs of the deceased are closed and every body gets what is due to them.

- Will my cousin Jean find a man? Not until she broadens her perspective. Right now she focuses so intently on specific features that she fails to see the whole picture.

- How do the results of my biopsy look? You might need to return for additional biopsies. See how there are 8 separate coins - each one encapsulated. This may indicate that while there are additional locations, they are secure and not spreading.

Eye Rhymes:

3 Swords ~ 4 Cups ~ Knight Wands

1. Try to describe the first experiential feeling the cards elicit as soon as I look at them.

Something needs to be done to ensure the balance. Good, positive feeling though.

2. Define if the sequence of cards follows a raising, falling or steady rhythm.

High (sword points up); Even (balanced card); Low (Horse and Knight look down)

3. Detect as many eye rhymes as I can.

3S has cones; 4C has flowers; KnW has wood
The middle plane of each card is dominated by Yellow.
4C and KnW have same flower - different colors
4C and 3S have same cone thing - different colors

kevin.mason1

Number picked 18

A feeling of nausea. irritation (my partner is noting next to me and I was worried it might effect this exercise). I felt my energy drop down just below the navel. There was also a sense of being drawn backwards.

Card La Papesse.

First reaction was "oh it's the Empress" then I saw it was La Papess. Confusion.

Associations:

The nausea is her morning sickness ( she is pregnant St Joan to me sometimes) and the egg she sits next to is what she's gestating.

She's irritated at being disturbed from her reading.

Her left hand and book seem to be protecting the area where my energy dropped to. Could that be protective?

I noticed that the patterns from her hat to a golden fringe appear to be a veil. The feeling of being drawn backwards is retreating behind the veil. Why and what is she hiding/escaping from?

kevin.mason1

I had a sense of darkness and danger. Like a huge hole about to swallow me up. Around the edge of the darkness was a sense or redness. There was also a feeling of riding forward but there wasn't any fear as such just a little nervousness.

LA Force Rx

First impression: doubt; I wasn't sure if reversals were apt so I turned it up the right way.

The way her leg bends around the lion it could be she's mounting it. That would be a ride of a lifetime. I read once that physiologically fear and nervousness are the same as excitement. If you take that label off the experience you can't physiologically tell the difference.

I can see the darkness with the red as the lions mouth along with the sense of danger. I've never thought of this card as holding a sense of danger before but even with her strength that lion is a dangerous creature. And she doesn't look afraid at all.

kevin.mason1

I can't find the essays the EE mentions.

Izzydunne

An interesting approach. Does this method tend to be predictively accurate?

Izzydunne

Byron:

Thank you for your reply. Direct and honest, just the way I like my information.

So this brings me to the next question: If this method is only occasionally predictively correct, then what possible value does it have? How can one read for clients with a method that is not predictively reliable?