The Barnyard Friends' Tarot idea

WingspreadPhoenix

Chronata said:
well, Turkey is traditionally about sacrifice and gifts. It seems so Hanged Man to me.

Of course...there is always Bat too.
Oh, I can see that for a turkey...although now I'm getting a sad image in my head of a cornucopia and Thanksgiving Dinner... :[ I think I might actually use a bat for it, since a turkey doesn't seem to particularly want to sacrifice itself while a bat somewhat-voluntarily hangs upside down (I'm sure they could sleep horizontally if they really wanted to).

Debra

Mabuse said:
I assume we've all heard of what happened to "Hello Tarot" the Hello Kitty themed Tarot deck. Like Hello Kitty, Barney is a trademarked character so one should be aware of any problems this may cause.

Barnyard Friends are not the same as Barney.

Maybe you didn't read the title or the posts?

WingspreadPhoenix: Mice, please. Mice are in barnyards...

Chronata

I think mouse might make a good Temperance card!
Good at balancing, always watching, paying attention to details, analyzing...

WingspreadPhoenix

Debra, the Hermit was originally going to be a mouse. I thought the crow was better for it though, so I changed it. But I also want a mouse card!

Chronata, I can see that, but I have been keeping my mind on a swan for some reason @-@ What do you think of a mouse on the Wheel of Fortune? I don't know what it would symbolize, but I think it would be cute.

EDIT: Better idea! A duck and a swan for the lovers! Since ducks are awesome.

emmsma

Nothing useful to ad. Just had to come in to say, I read the title as Barney's Friends Tarot.

I thought "NOOOO!"

WingspreadPhoenix

emmsma said:
Nothing useful to ad. Just had to come in to say, I read the title as Barney's Friends Tarot.

I thought "NOOOO!"
I would never try to hurt anyone in such a way.

But thank you for visiting :>

Curtis Penfold

WingspreadPhoenix said:
It always seemed like so much fun to make my own tarot deck! I've always had a strange affinity for barnyard animals. I thought it would be cool to make a deck that had anthropomorphic animals represented on the cards.

My ideas so far:
0//The Fool - A sheep, since they tend to follow each other, even if it leads to something bad (like that saying, about sheep...or something)
II//The High Priestess - A wise and regal barn cat (thanks rabid!)
III//The Empress - A cow, since they're "motherly"
IV//The Emperor - A rooster, with his prettiness high above the barn
V//The Hierophant - A wise barn owl (thanks gregory :>)
VI//The Lovers - A swan and a duck
VII//The Chariot - A strong horse pulling a plow, or another pull-able object
VIII//Strength - A big tough bull
IX//The Hermit - A far-off crow (thanks Chronata!)
XII//The Hanged Man - A bat (thanks Chronata!)
XIII//Death - A fox or raccoon in a hen house (thanks Mabon-Tail!)

I was thinking that Judgment could perhaps be like a Ribbon Show. Since I'm really new to this, I'd really appreciate any ideas! Also, I'd be making this deck purely for myself.

Ideas:

The Magician: A racoon. I'm telling you, those things can take things while you're camping and you don't know how they got them. It's like magic :D

The Lovers: I like the two different species you've got right now. BUT the first thing I thought was puppies. Seriously. Like puppy love. One black puppy, one white one.

The Chariot: As a note, my favorite part about the Chariot is the fact that there's these two forces that the charioteer has to get to work together. Just saying.

Strength: A bull's good. But just having a bull...well, what about that girl of equal strength? How about you have a cute little sparrow on the horns to represent that girl, that inner strength. (A bull would work as good as a warthog).

Wheel of Fortune: A bunny? Aren't those lucky? Or is it just their feet?

Justice: A turkey? Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey to be a symbol of our country. Possibly spreading his wings.

The Hermit: As a possibility, I was thinking spider. Like Charlette's web. You know there's always that lone spider doing her thing.

Temperance: Now that'd be a good duck. Something involving water.

The Devil: A snake? A wolf in a herd of sheep? How about an actual person? That would make an interesting statement.

The Tower: A barn house on fire! Alright, a little more morbid than your others, but you can show all the animals watching so the viewer can see that they all got out.

The Star: I'd like to see another water animal. A swan?

The Moon: A dog howling at the moon. I read somewhere that deers were associated with the moons in the past.

The Sun: Interestingly, foxes are sometimes associated with the sun. So are bulls. But you've got both those symbols covered, and pretty strong. Lions, too, but um, lions aren't really in farms.

The World: What if you had three animals from three different environments? One walking, one swimming, and one in the air, show how three worlds correlate. Just an idea.

Curtis Penfold

emmsma said:

I thought "NOOOO!"

You know, Barnyard's Friends doesn't quite have a Tarot ring. Kind of makes it seem silly.

Maybe you can try something else. Agriculture Tarot? No. Livestock Tarot?

WingspreadPhoenix

Curtis Penfold said:
The Magician: A racoon. I'm telling you, those things can take things while you're camping and you don't know how they got them. It's like magic :D
I like that idea a lot. Makes for a good Magician, too.
Curtis Penfold said:
Strength: A bull's good. But just having a bull...well, what about that girl of equal strength? How about you have a cute little sparrow on the horns to represent that girl, that inner strength. (A bull would work as good as a warthog).
That's a cool idea, too. I'll definitely try that.
Curtis Penfold said:
Justice: A turkey? Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey to be a symbol of our country. Possibly spreading his wings.
Well, turkeys just don't ring "justice" to me at all.
Curtis Penfold said:
The Hermit: As a possibility, I was thinking spider. Like Charlette's web. You know there's always that lone spider doing her thing.
Cute, but I think too similar to the mouse idea. Also, spiders freak me out D:
Curtis Penfold said:
The Devil: A snake? A wolf in a herd of sheep? How about an actual person? That would make an interesting statement.
I was thinking of putting some people, but when I really get down to it, I only want animals in this deck.
Curtis Penfold said:
The Tower: A barn house on fire! Alright, a little more morbid than your others, but you can show all the animals watching so the viewer can see that they all got out.
I was thinking more of a broken silo. Something bad but nothing that would traumatize the poor animals.
Curtis Penfold said:
You know, Barnyard's Friends doesn't quite have a Tarot ring. Kind of makes it seem silly.

Maybe you can try something else. Agriculture Tarot? No. Livestock Tarot?
This is a happy deck of happiness. In this deck, everyone is friends (except for the fox eating the chickens). Also, birds are not livestock. At least, I think they're not @-@

Curtis Penfold

Well, thank you for putting my ideas into consideration :D I hope they help you think about your project.

If you use people as the Devil, it would remind me of the Tarot of the Dead. Every card is a skeletal character, kind of like the Mexican Day of the Dead. It's actually lots of fun, not really morbid at all.

Well, the only card that isn't a skeletal character is Death. Instead of a skeleton, they have a pregnant woman. There's something that makes people laugh and think at the same time.