A new hobby?

Tor

Hi :)

(Don't know where to post this thread, so I'll leave it up to the moderators to move it if they want to...)

I was so inspired by the Aeclectic Tarot Project, that I begun to draw some more cards.

First I thought of paint one with my acrylepaint, but then I found some crayons and made my first hand-painted card.

I draw and paint like a child with no talent, but I think it's so fun to be creative :D

My first card was The Tower cause i feel it's so cleansing, and a good start for my new hobby.

You can see it here: http://home.online.no/~balder66/tower.html

I used a scanner to get it in my computer, and used Photoshop 7.0 to edit it.

It was so fun! There must be other people here to that make cards outside the project... Share them with us!

I feel like a little kid. You have probably made lots of cards before I discovered this new hobby, but you know how the first time is....hehe.

Hope to see others artwork too!

:)

allibee

Have a look on the Tarot Deck Creation board here.

Best wishes

A

Tor

Oops .......I didn't see that forum LOL

How obvious....

Well, I guess this thread will be moved....

Sorry! :)

Trogon

Balder, I love it!!! I really like the way that you, as you put it, "draw and paint like a child". Not sure why... but it really grabbed me. Really looking forward to seeing more!

Tor

Trogon:

Thank you very much for your response......it made me smile! :)

I know I'm not talented, but it's so nice to see that someone likes it anyway! People have been laughing about my drawings, and that's very painful cause it comes from my heart....

I had a thought.....maybe I should create a whole deck and call it "The inner child". It would have been my revenge on those bullies....hehe.

Trogon

Balder said:
I know I'm not talented, but it's so nice to see that someone likes it anyway! People have been laughing about my drawings, and that's very painful cause it comes from my heart....
Ahhhh Pfui on these people! As far as I'm concerned you have a talent alright. Just because your drawing style is somewhat simplistic as compared to some others, doesn't mean it has less meaning. To me, you have portrayed The Tower on a very personal, though basic, level and achieved a great deal of feeling at the same time.
I had a thought.....maybe I should create a whole deck and call it "The inner child". It would have been my revenge on those bullies....hehe.
Yes! Do! I am very much looking forward to more of your cards!

Also... thought I'd mention... I very much like the use of crayons as your art medium. I think this is a big part of what I like so much with your Tower. I like some of the more simple Tarot decks, such as The Simple Tarot and, to some extent The Ator Tarot. But the use of crayons... hmmmm... maybe it reached out and shook awake that inner child of mine in a way the others hadn't. Keep it up...

sagitarian

That's awesome, and gives me some ideas later with my children. I love it! Then again, I LOVE kid's art too, I think it's gorgeous! Keep them a comin, I would love to see more!

Diana

Balder: I do not find your beautiful card to be childish in anyway. It is really lovely. Sometimes one gets so tired of the more sophisticated decks and one looks for something more basic, something that anyone can relate to.

Your card is like that. Keep the rest of your cards unsophisticated so that anyone, whether it be a child or a grandmother, can understand.

There is already a deck called the Inner Child, I think.

Balder's Tarot sounds just fine to me! :)

Tor

Thank you all for some very inspiring words!

*grateful*

Astraea

Balder, you say that you "draw and paint like a child" -- drawing and painting are forms of communication, and therefore have much in common with speech; and you know the expression: "out of the mouths of babes" comes wisdom. I, too, find this card refreshing in its simplicity and directness and would like to see more of your ideas for tarot cards. Your drawing reminds me of folk art, such as Grandma Moses brought to the forefront of public attention many years ago. Thank you for sharing with us! :)