Shadowscapes study group

GryffinSong

I post about a card every now and then. :)

Peregrin

Hello! I just bought the Shadowscapes tarot a few weeks ago and I'm glad to have found this study group. I learned tarot about 15 years ago, but I'm thinking of myself as a beginner again as I re-learn the tarot and get acquainted with this new deck.

I used the Norse tarot for reading for several years, but over time I gradually felt that that deck didn't fit me anymore, and I started looking for another deck. After a long search, I found the Shadowscapes tarot. I love its fantasy artwork! It's beautiful and rich in symbolism.

I look forward to joining the discussion!

Kittysashimi

I would love to join in! I just started tarot reading recently and my lovely boyfriend bought me the Shadowscapes tarot deck :3 I'm new to this forum too! Is there any procedure I have to follow in order to join this study group?

GryffinSong

Kittycaramel said:
I would love to join in! I just started tarot reading recently and my lovely boyfriend bought me the Shadowscapes tarot deck :3 I'm new to this forum too! Is there any procedure I have to follow in order to join this study group?

Nope. Just post as you wish, and if you start a thread for a particular card send a PM to Sulis so she can add the thread to the index for this deck. :)

Amsonia

I hope this study group is still active, I just ordered my deck :)

Eeviee

I just got Shadowscapes in the mail today! Along with the Legacy of the Divine (more on that later)...
I must admit, upon viewing the images from AT's page for Shadowscapes I never took a liking to it. I couldn't figure out why so many people love this deck! I thought it was washed out and too 'fairy-like' (I have a thing against "cutesy" fairies). All I saw was pastels (which I also shudder at) and 'glitter-like' effects... Every time I saw a few people reference it, I would go back and look at the page, thinking "there's no way it's that deck..." and come to the same conclusion that it was "not for me".
Then, I happened to be browsing many Tarot blogs. Their images made me actually stop and look. I don't know if it was because the clarity was clearer or the images were bigger, but I could actually SEE the contents of the cards were nothing like that I had 'seen' over at AT's page! I began to understand why everyone was so enthralled with the deck, and started to take a shining to it, myself. After seeing it over and over again, I realized I really should pick it up and see what all the fuss was about.
I got some spending money burning a hole in my pocket (as per usual!) a bit ago and I decided "Why not!?" and ordered it without regret.
Now that it's in my hands, I know for sure my initial impression was WAY off! I really like the looks of this deck much more than I ever thought I would. Can't wait to spend some time with the Companion Book and read through your threads on the cards!
The most amusing part about all of this, is that The Legacy of the Divine (which I had lusted over for some time, ever since my first discovery of it) did not live up to my expectations, and it shall probably sit on my shelf more than not. -I'm starting to realize that photo-manip decks are not my thing. I may like some cards I see with much vigor, but often the majority I end up disliking.

Just thought I'd share my experiences leading up to the purchase of this deck! =]

Marlo

Eeviee - your enthusiasm is very palpable :D i'm sure you will enjoy this deck as i did and still do. I find it's a shame that not more people talk and share about it.

I'm still studying it if you are interested :)

entropy

Is it too late to join/revive? I want to talk about the 6 of Swords...

Marlo

If i have learnt something from this forum it is : it's never too late :D feel free to talk about it, i love debating about the Shadowscapes tarot.

Tigerangel

Shadowscapes Study Group/completing missing cards

Hi everyone,

I have been searching through the Shadowscapes index as I was wanting to do some intensive study with my deck, I have had it awhile now and love it more than I ever thought I would, I was planning to work my way through from the Fool, to the last card in the deck, with my view of the card also adding some info on symbolic meanings on each card and maybe a picture link of the symbol on the card as the main downfall with this deck is the size of the imagery on the cards, I actually love the feel and size of the deck feels great to shuffle for me anyway.

But as I was about to start I noticed that some cards are still missing from the index thread.
The missing cards are.....

9, 10, Page, Knight, Queen, and King of Wands

Ace, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, Page of Cups

3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Knight, Queen, and King of Pentacles

The Sword Suit and Major arcana have been completed with all cards.

Before I start my intensive study from the Fool, I thought it would be a good idea to complete the missing cards so the Shadowscapes index thread is complete with all cards.

I was wondering if anyone else would like to help with adding threads for the missing cards as listed above, I will add when I have spare time.

If anyone wants to help with this please remember to pm Sulis for the thread to indexed in the Shadowscapes Study index thread which can be found here .
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=2312232