Donnaleigh: Who is My Dad? (Paternity).

DownUnderNZer

I am really curious about other systems.

Would be really cool to know how they all differ really. Just not to be mixed is all.

I see Tower as an "official place" as well so can be an institute, hospital and/or government building etc. And flanking cards always add to the meaning.

The video was about "paternity" - so between "isolation" and "hospital" - "hospital" would have been my choice.

DND :)

Well, in Belgium Tower is only hospital in combination with clouds (well, actually it means an acute sickness that could be life threatening), its main meaning is "official building" and "a long and happy life". Dog is always loyal friend. The bear is a negative card meaning jealousy, envy, general negativity and motherly protection.

For me Lenormand is purely intuitive, i'm totally self-thought. French, German, whatever school... i just see what I see and my friends/acquaintances for whom i do readings are happy with it. It resonates with them.

Like mice to me means stress, anxiety, "muizenissen" >> a Dutch/Flemish word which means worries. Muizen are Dutch/flemish for mice...

And the sun in Belgium means insight... besides courage, sun, luck, optimism and confidence...

gregory

The video was about "paternity" - so between "isolation" and "hospital" - "hospital" would have been my choice.

Choice. Exactly. No system can cover every possible choice.

DownUnderNZer

Wonder how she would read:

"Moon, Fox, Anchor, and Bear".

Different readers see these cards as WORK from different systems including German and French.

What can one really say if they are ALL looked upon as WORK. Seriously.

Gee whiz! Very strong emphasis on work because we have these two cards over here as work and these two cards are all about work too.

Has to be a fine line surely and more than just one meaning other than something like "exposure" for "Sun" or "Bear" and "Fox" for work.

Only one card to represent whatever should suffice....surely.

Torann

Well to me tower means isolation too... so there you go. :)

So in Belgium we have:

1. The rider: messages, communication and thinking
2. Clover: getting out of troubled times, moving forward
3. Ship: travel and finances
4. House: prosperity and house environment
5. Tree (negative card): sickness, health, something is not right
6. Clouds: trouble, difficulties, obstacles
7. Snake: deception, lies, cheating, confusion, fantasies and dreams
8. Coffin: transformation, the ending of something
9. Bouquet: gift, peace and quiet
10. Scythe: danger, fear, and something gets broken
11. Whip: disagreements, anger, fever, chronic disease.
12. Birds (negative card): short term difficulties. (i really don't feel this one)
13. Child: good company, integrity, a child
14. Fox: distrust, cheating, deceit
15. Bear: jealousy, general negativity, motherly protection... traditionally it was said that it brought prosperity and jealousy/envy at the same time
16. Stars: new beginnings, succes, having a goal. Next to the clouds: lots of troubles
17. Stork: change, movement, relocation, flexibility
18. Dog: loyal, sincere friendship, someone you can trust
19. Tower: official building, long and happy life, traditionally it also means withdrawal from public life, isolation
20. Garden: positive social contacts, groups of people
21 Mountain: hostility, sadness, enemy
22. Road: choice and on the move... funnily enough if it's close to the clouds it means a struck of luck (you can escape your problems).
23. Mice: theft, something is missing
24. Heart: love and luck in your life, unity, same views on life
25. Ring: relationship, marriage, partnership, working together (if the ring is left of your significator card, you can expect a divorce or cancelling of a engagement)
26. Book: (negative card) secret, a learning process.
27. Letter: message, decision
30. Lily: happiness, virtue, fatherly protection, promotion
31. Sun: luck, happiness, optimism, courage, confidence, shines a light on to something
32. Moon: work, career, feelings, traditionally it meant that you were getting a very important position... if the moon is far from the significator card it means difficult times
33. Key: solution, success, for women: your wishes will come true, far from the significator card: envy and bad luck
34. Fish: wealth, success, expansion... far from the significator card: your plans will fail
35. Anchor: the big love, stability, luck in commerce. Close to the significator card: lifelong relationship, far away: challenging relationship
36. Cross: bad luck, slowing down, not as expected, diminishing ... when it is close to significator card: very short term bad luck, or just a bad mood. Far away or at the end of the reading: not as hoped for or less than hoped for...

So now you'll get even more confused. LOL :D

Torann

Wonder how she would read:

"Moon, Fox, Anchor, and Bear".

Different readers see these cards as WORK from different systems including German and French.

What can one really say if they are ALL looked upon as WORK. Seriously.

Gee whiz! Very strong emphasis on work because we have these two cards over here as work and these two cards are all about work too.

Has to be a fine line surely and more than just one meaning other than something like "exposure" for "Sun" or "Bear" and "Fox" for work.

Only one card to represent whatever should suffice....surely.

What was the question for those cards... no answer without a clear question. :)

DownUnderNZer

No question. Just going with this "mystery" spread - so general. LOVE the spread for practice purposes. Fantastic actually.

Its in relation to the short video on the previous page which was done in a "general" sense only with one part in it - BOTH Fox and Bear in a 3 card spread were referred to as WORK only. No real variation.

TOWER: Isolation, long time celibacy or being single, well educated, egotistical etc etc etc- am aware of other meanings too.

But in a specific question - depends on the question as to how I would view the card(s).

Now to look at the "Belgium System". NEAT!!!

What was the question for those cards... no answer without a clear question. :)

DownUnderNZer

You are awesome! :thumbsup:

MOON is your WORK card.

Will not find this confusing I feel, but rather educational.

Do you see SNAKE as "Other woman"?.

Birds can be about gossip.

Some systems see it as Old people, Twins, gossip (German) and communication or meetings (French).

On the most part though A LOT is the same as the French and German systems....possibly others.

Will have to copy this over and have a real good going over.

Thank you so much!

Well to me tower means isolation too... so there you go. :)

So in Belgium we have:

1. The rider: messages, communication and thinking
2. Clover: getting out of troubled times, moving forward
3. Ship: travel and finances
4. House: prosperity and house environment
5. Tree (negative card): sickness, health, something is not right
6. Clouds: trouble, difficulties, obstacles
7. Snake: deception, lies, cheating, confusion, fantasies and dreams
8. Coffin: transformation, the ending of something
9. Bouquet: gift, peace and quiet
10. Scythe: danger, fear, and something gets broken
11. Whip: disagreements, anger, fever, chronic disease.
12. Birds (negative card): short term difficulties. (i really don't feel this one)
13. Child: good company, integrity, a child
14. Fox: distrust, cheating, deceit
15. Bear: jealousy, general negativity, motherly protection... traditionally it was said that it brought prosperity and jealousy/envy at the same time
16. Stars: new beginnings, succes, having a goal. Next to the clouds: lots of troubles
17. Stork: change, movement, relocation, flexibility
18. Dog: loyal, sincere friendship, someone you can trust
19. Tower: official building, long and happy life, traditionally it also means withdrawal from public life, isolation
20. Garden: positive social contacts, groups of people
21 Mountain: hostility, sadness, enemy
22. Road: choice and on the move... funnily enough if it's close to the clouds it means a struck of luck (you can escape your problems).
23. Mice: theft, something is missing
24. Heart: love and luck in your life, unity, same views on life
25. Ring: relationship, marriage, partnership, working together (if the ring is left of your significator card, you can expect a divorce or cancelling of a engagement)
26. Book: (negative card) secret, a learning process.
27. Letter: message, decision
30. Lily: happiness, virtue, fatherly protection, promotion
31. Sun: luck, happiness, optimism, courage, confidence, shines a light on to something
32. Moon: work, career, feelings, traditionally it meant that you were getting a very important position... if the moon is far from the significator card it means difficult times
33. Key: solution, success, for women: your wishes will come true, far from the significator card: envy and bad luck
34. Fish: wealth, success, expansion... far from the significator card: your plans will fail
35. Anchor: the big love, stability, luck in commerce. Close to the significator card: lifelong relationship, far away: challenging relationship
36. Cross: bad luck, slowing down, not as expected, diminishing ... when it is close to significator card: very short term bad luck, or just a bad mood. Far away or at the end of the reading: not as hoped for or less than hoped for...

So now you'll get even more confused. LOL :D

DownUnderNZer

What do you use to represent - if there are cards of course for the following:

A) Sexuality/Sex.
B) Finances. (Specific card).
C) Younger woman. (Not a cheating one).
D) Female (grand mother/mother) or Male (father/grand father).

Think that is it.

You are awesome! :thumbsup:

MOON is your WORK card.

Will not find this confusing I feel, but rather educational.

Do you see SNAKE as "Other woman"?.

Birds can be about gossip.

Some systems see it as Old people, Twins, gossip (German) and communication or meetings (French).

On the most part though A LOT is the same as the French and German systems....possibly others.

Will have to copy this over and have a real good going over.

Thank you so much!

Torann

Snake in Belgium doesn't mean the other woman.

Snake often refers to having difficulty to see the material reality, living in a dreamworld, addiction, not seeing things clearly and by that you attract the wrong people. The deception often comes from within...

In combination with the moon: relapse into old bad habits. If moon stands for your profession it doesn't mean that you are a con artist but rather that you do something with chemicals. Or danger of poison at work.

persons card: a practical woman, good in organizing, serious and great sense of responsability, simple clothing, often curvy.

in combination with the key : the importance of imagination, writing stories,...

Torann

But for me yes... snake is the other woman (often), someone who wraps herself around someone, or someone with a sharp tongue. But also someone who is quick and fast on their feet. Who prepares herself with patience and then strikes.

money: fish
young woman: child
sex: whip (not the lily)
bouquet: female energy
bear: (to me) male energy

I know... that's what you get when you are self-thaught. :D