Victorian Romantic - 2 of Wands

berrieh

So, this has fast become my favorite 2 of Wands ever and one of my favorite Victorian Romantic cards. I'm not sure if anyone's up for a study, but I thought I'd post my thoughts.

First of all, this card very clearly screams to me, "The decision has been made, but not yet been expressed." It's told me that every time I've pulled it.

The sky is blue, yet dotted with heavy, white clouds, swirling... The trees are lush and tall, and we can see the edge of a cliff. We don't see what the woman is staring at. We view her almost in profile, holding her quill, thinking. She is well-dressed, obviously wealthy, and the picture is bright and luxurious, yet exuberant in a very quiet way. Beside her is a peaceful stone statue, which has a lady's face, looking very much like the woman's.

One thing that stands out for me is the quill. A quill is a practical tool, for writing, yet this one seems for show as well.

I don't yet know what she's going to do, but I feel she's going to do something. And it's a happy decision, good for her. I feel excited when I look at this card.

I don't have the book, so I've no idea what the painting actually is.