Astrology youtube/podcast suggestions?

DJP

Hi,

I wonder if anybody's got a suggestion for a good astrology youtube channel or podcast? I'd be particularly interested in anything that looks at world events.

Any tip-offs would be muchly appreciated.

Peace.

Minderwiz

I use Chris Brennan's Astrology Podcast which covers a fairly wide range of topics, including Mundane matters. You will find it at:

http://theastrologypodcast.com/

If you intend to listen on a mobile device, you's find it can be reached through the Audials One app, which I think is available for both IOS and Android. There's quite a few Astrology podcasts on Audials One, so you can always try them out.

Another useful starting point is TuneIn Radio, though it doesn't seem to carry as many as Audials.

There are quite a few podcasts out there, so you could always try searches for others. The one thing I would stress is that you go for one that is run by someone with standing in the Astrological Community and that recognise that most podcasts will cover a wide variety of topics in Astrology. So dip in and look for some others as well. One other thing to remember is that you will find some that are based on Vedic or Indian Astrology. That cousin of Western Astrology will require you to do some additional reading but it's well worth the effort.

DJP

Hi Minderwiz,

Chris Brennan looks great, thanks. I can't wait to check out the podcast properly.

Looking for someone with standing in the Astrology community is good advice, but it's a little difficult if, like me, you don't have much knowledge on the subject. That's why I really appreciate your suggestion.

Regarding Vedic: Actually, owing to the large Hindu population in my area, the local Sunday paper has a Vedic Astrology column.... I'll start paying attention.... while keeping in mind that newspaper astrology isn't always the gold standard.

Thanks again.

Minderwiz

Hi Minderwiz,

Chris Brennan looks great, thanks. I can't wait to check out the podcast properly.

Looking for someone with standing in the Astrology community is good advice, but it's a little difficult if, like me, you don't have much knowledge on the subject. That's why I really appreciate your suggestion.

Regarding Vedic: Actually, owing to the large Hindu population in my area, the local Sunday paper has a Vedic Astrology column.... I'll start paying attention.... while keeping in mind that newspaper astrology isn't always the gold standard.

Thanks again.

I think one of Chris Brennan's podcasts looks a the relationship of Vedic and Western Astrology both in terns of their common origins and their later differences; so you might find that one useful.

Yes, I take your point on getting to know who is reliable and who isn't. I began to take The Mountain Astrologer, magazine. It's one of the most respected Astrology publications and several issues begin to orient you to some of the key players. I also joined the Astrological Association of the UK. Again a reputable organisation and it provided another useful quarterly journal - have a look if there's something similar in RSA. Reading books on topics that interest you can lead to the discovery of new reliable sources. Brennan's podcasts often have guests including some of the most prestigious Astrologers, such as Rob Hand and Ben Dykes

But when you come across a podcast, just have a look to see if the originator has published any books, and is a member of any professional body. it's a good start to looking at credibility, though not a guarantee.

Good luck in your journey.