Tarot and crystals

Sunbee

Hi all!
I would like to know if you use crystals when doing a reading, for protection or to enhance your mental abilities, intuition, or for any other purpose. I would also like to know your opinion on this whether you use them or not.
Thank you.

PrincessPaulina

I do set crystals out during readings, but not all the time, and not specific stones; just whatever feels right at the moment, and seems to match the focus of the reading.
For example, I may set out a Rose Quartz for relationship readings.

I also find that giving nervous or worried sitters a palm-sized stone to hold during the reading tends to calm them down, and gives them something to do with their hands.

My clear Quartz Crystal Ball has been very helpful during readings when I set it out, but again I don't always use the Crystal Ball.

My position is that crystals and other tools (candles, incense, etc.) are great, but I don't want to get overly reliant on them.
Ideally, my intuition should learn to work well on its own, in any setting, with or without helpful tools.
In other words, I'm very conscious of the fine line between a "tool" and a "crutch".

But yes, I do use crystals (they are my friends!) -- I just don't make using them into a hard and fast rule.

Sunbee

I do set crystals out during readings, but not all the time, and not specific stones; just whatever feels right at the moment, and seems to match the focus of the reading.
For example, I may set out a Rose Quartz for relationship readings.

I also find that giving nervous or worried sitters a palm-sized stone to hold during the reading tends to calm them down, and gives them something to do with their hands.

My clear Quartz Crystal Ball has been very helpful during readings when I set it out, but again I don't always use the Crystal Ball.

My position is that crystals and other tools (candles, incense, etc.) are great, but I don't want to get overly reliant on them.
Ideally, my intuition should learn to work well on its own, in any setting, with or without helpful tools.
In other words, I'm very conscious of the fine line between a "tool" and a "crutch".

But yes, I do use crystals (they are my friends!) -- I just don't make using them into a hard and fast rule.

Right! Thanks for your reply. I'm just trying to understand this subject a little better.
I agree with you regarding using crystals, etc, ocasionally as tools, when it feels right. But first I would need to learn more about the properties of the different crystals... :)

PrincessPaulina

But first I would need to learn more about the properties of the different crystals... :)

Well, as others on this forum have pointed out in the past, you can start by just asking the crystals themselves :)

In my personal "crystal journey", I found that references such as the Crystal Bible (book) and online descriptions of crystal properties were only moderately useful, as I noticed after a while that many of these characterizations began to blend together and sound the same.
For example, "promotes intuition" seems to be a catchphrase for most crystals!
At first I wondered whether the authors of these descriptions were running out of things to say, or were devoid of imagination (lol), but eventually I realized that it is almost impossible to categorize crystals in this way, because each stone is an individual.

It is much like trying to categorize people based on race/nationality -- of course, there are some predispositions or tendencies (I am Russian; Russians drink vodka; I do drink vodka), but ultimately the individual has their own personality, reality and idiosyncrasies (I also drink Whiskey and Tequila, speak English without a hint of an accent, and very rarely eat Borscht ;) )
So can a Rose Quartz, known as the stone of loving, gentle energy, inspire great passion at certain times; and I don't see why it couldn't be protective, or aid in dream recall, or be a Tarot buddy, if called upon to do these things.

Also, keep in mind that aside from the crystal's "properties", people do react differently to various stones, depending on their own energy/perspective/goals.
For example, Herkimer Diamonds are known to be "power stones" and good for "the removal of energy blocks or debris."
But on a personal level, the Herkimer Diamond I own makes me feel wiry (like I've had too much coffee), and when I recently took it on a trip to a Government Agency for protection (imagine a fairly small room with low ceilings, full of way too many disgruntled people), I ended having a panic attack for the 1st time in years.

Sorry for the long-winded post, but all of this is to say that, where crystals are concerned, in my experience there aren't really any hard and fast rules that one must "learn" (except, perhaps, learning to listen); for me, working with them has been quite fluid, based on much whimsy and inspiration, just getting to know them and doing whatever feels right at the time.
You will probably just "know" when you come across a stone that you need in your life, or when a crystal "wants" to participate in a particular Tarot Reading! :)

Sunbee

For example, "promotes intuition" seems to be a catchphrase for most crystals!

I thought of that before! :) but I guess there will be crystals that are more appropriate for certain things... Do you agree?
I recently bought an amethyst bed as I have always been very drawn to that crystal. I love the colour and the shapes. I've cleansed it as suggested in several sites but now I feel there is something missing... Don't know why.

PrincessPaulina

but I guess there will be crystals that are more appropriate for certain things... Do you agree?

Yes, but only in a very general sense.
For example, going off the color of the crystal and corresponding Chakra: blue stones will correlate to the throat Chakra, and therefore can work well in issues dealing with communication.
But the blue stone can ALSO be protecting, aid intuition, etc., in addition to helping with communication.

I also take into consideration whether the stone is solid or translucent in color: the translucent ones are better conductors of info and energy, in my experience, while solid stones are more grounding and protective.

Black stones, along with Tiger Eye, are naturally protective.

I recently bought an amethyst bed as I have always been very drawn to that crystal. I love the colour and the shapes. I've cleansed it as suggested in several sites but now I feel there is something missing... Don't know why

Have you charged it?
Amethyst is sensitive to the sun, but you may try anointing it with incense or essential oil smoke.
I also find "gridding" very effective in Charging: I would place the Amethyst in the center, with a number of other stones around it in a geometrically pleasing shape, all facing the Amethyst.
But for this you need some other crystals..

The simplest and fastest way to charge it, is to just hold it in both hands and meditate, imagining a white light or orb around the crystal. There are countless visualization options for this online.

You may want to just mentally ask the stone what it wants/needs to perk up its energy!
I hope you will come back and post what you end up doing and what worked for you :)

Sunbee

Thank you. I will follow your advice and feedback to you what worked. I'm tempted to try asking the crystal...

stonesatiety

Thank you. I will follow your advice and feedback to you what worked. I'm tempted to try asking the crystal...

Then why don't you?!