What Are You Petrified Of? Spread (Based on a Susie Suh song)

Glass Owl

What Are You Petrified Of Being or Becoming? Spread (Based on a Susie Suh song)

What Are You Petrified Of Being or Becoming? Spread - based on a Susie Suh song (7) by Glass Owl

I based this spread on Susie Suh's song, "Petrified To Be God-Like." It is on her self-titled album, which is outstanding. Now only is she a very talented singer but her lyrics are deeply personal and heart-felt.

1. "I fight my demons every day/ They come and go, they ebb and flow like the ocean"
--your demons

2. "You think you know me, and you know me, but you/ don't know/ How scared I am" of [card 2].
--a fear
--could represent a past/present/future situation, an emotion, a person, an aspect of yourself, etc.

3. "So I like to make excuses"
--What you make excuses about, to whom you make excuses to, the type of excuses you make, etc.

4. "And I like to blame everyone else"
--Why you blame others, what mistakes/shortcomings you blame others for, your "blaming" pattern/style, etc.

5. "And I like to point my finger at you/ Rather than [card 5] myself"
--Her word in this line is "change" but card 5 will personalize this line for you.

6. "And I tend to run away from [card 6]"
--In the song this line ends with "my reflection." The card in this position will "reflect" what aspect of yourself, life, or other people YOU run from.

7. "You see I am so petrified to be [card 7]"
-- Susie Suh says she is "petrified to be God-Like." What are you petrified of being or becoming?

"We fear to know the fearsome and unsavory aspects of ourselves, but we fear even more to know the godlike in ourselves." - Abraham Maslow

I hope you like it!
--Glass Owl

skinofthesoul

brill!

Sounds like a really really interesting spread. Pity I've such little time at the moment (still owe a newbie exchange reading), but I'm definitely going to get the song and listen to it, and try the spread as soon as I can. Will let you know, but it'll be a while, I'm sure.

I very much like the idea of turning lyrics into a spread! Oooooh this is going to trigger some wild spreadmaking... ;)

:love:Anna~

MysticZion

Good spread

Nice spread.I will try it when my new deck arrives.