IF you could do a reading FOR anyone...

Carojulie

Hello !

Thank you Greatdane for this question, I love how you always come up with cool questions for new threads !

Right now, today, my interest gravitates around contemporary french cinema, so if I could read for anybody of my choice, here would be my chosen sitters :

- Albert Dupontel (absolutely brilliant, if you ask me, author, actor and film-maker, with a totaly unique and revolutionary way of filming - the rythm in his films is just unique, and genius)
- Josiane Balasko (actress and writer, who I admire a lot, capable of interpreting absolutely anyone, from comedy to drama, from femme fatale to next door matron, and whose influence on 21st century french feminism is important)
- Jean-Pierre Bacri (actor and writer, who has embodied many disagreable and sad characters, and who can give a touch of tenderness to the most hardhearted and/or nasty character)
- Vladimir Cosma (music composer who writes mainly for french cinema, and has worked with the best in his field)

If you ask me the same question tomorow, it is likely that my answer would be totaly different ! But for today, I would love to read for those four.
I would also love to read more for my family, but that is another story altogether.

Dogs&Coffee

Bill Murray. Mostly because I know it would turn into some surreal adventure.

Trogon

Three people come to mind:

Joan Jett ... just because she is so awesome and I'm a huge fan!

One particular Sergeant at work. Before the Department reorganized, we had an "admin" Sergeant who was my direct boss. He's a Mormon, but pretty open minded and we had a lot of very interesting discussions about religion, spirituality and all kinds of things. I've offered to give him a reading any time he'd like ... hasn't taken me up on it yet though.

My current boss. There is some friction from time to time. I think it would be very interesting to do a reading and see if it would smooth things between us a little. (Though as I noted in another thread, I just found out that she used to have a Tarot deck. It rather surprised me.)

Signy

Guillermo del Toro, if just for the opportunity to try and convince him to design a tarot deck of his own. He does dark fantasy so well, and his sketchbook which covers everything from Pan's Labyrinth to Hellboy, is one of the most creatively inspiring collections I've seen. I just wish I could make it to his art exhibition. Even the entrance is brilliant: http://i.imgur.com/nYXjK2e.gifv

EmpyreanKnight

If we're going to include people who have long since passed on, I'd like to read for some lf my ancestors, particularly my maternal grandfather. I think I can learn much from him.

For historical figures, it would have to be Louis XI and the Emperor Hadrian, two important leaders whose character and wisdom I fully admire.

Redfaery

I'd love to give a reading to Sei Shônagon, the author of the 11th century Japanese miscellany known as The Pillow Book. I think she would find Tarot fascinating.

JylliM

Richard Dawkins })

AJ

If asked, Aidan Turner.
He doesn't use social media, so his mind might not be jumbled up with claptrap
and perhaps a really clear reading could be achieved.

lamyamah

Dawkins answer is genius xD

Einstein maybe, or if he is not available, Mother Theresa