21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- Step FIVE

Sheri

21 Ways - Step Five

Step Five - International Icon Tarot, 5 of Wands

Five.

I hope it is ok with the class, but I would like to come up with my own 2 or 3 keywords to associate with the number 5.

The number 5 is between the numbers 4 and 6. I feel that those numbers have components of stability to them. I consider 5, as an odd number, transitive. It is unstable but only in the sense that it is in the process of becoming something else - something more stable. The 5 comes about by stirring up the status quo of 4, which then starts the foundation of the 6. Given this approach, I would say my keywords would be:

restlessness
challenging
confidence

Aulruna

Card IV Arthur (Emperor) from Arthurian Tarot (Hallowquest)

"I have drawn Arthur (The Emperor), which is numbered IV.
Fours are about stability and order, with the shadow aspect of stagnation."

Jewel

Step 5 - Fantastic Menagerie

Step 5 - NUMBER
CARD: The Star
DECK: Fantastic Meangerie
Card can be seen here: http://www.fantasticmenagerie.com/Majors2.htm

17= 1 + 7 = 8

I've drawn The Star 17, which reduces to 8. Eights are about regeneration, prudence, and spiritual progress.

As in most Magic Realist decks the Major Arcana are not numbered, however I see The Star as card 17 as it is in all decks.

geministar

Step 5 - The Druidcraft Tarot - The Moon

Ive drawn The Moon (18) which breaks down to a number 9.

The words I picked were lunations, solitude and dreams.

faunabay

Step 5 - Universal Fantasy - Knight of Swords

I've drawn the Knight of Swords
Knights are action and journeys.

punchinella

Step Five, Herbal Tarot, XXI The World

21 reduces to 3. I've chosen these keywords:

development
generation
dimension

Hmmn, I chose these words because of the way they reflect what I've been learning through the previous steps, but if I just look at the words objectively there is considerably more meaning in them that I hadn't thought about. For example, "dimension." I chose it because of the interplay between dimensions happening with the hoop/mirror thing in my card. But, three is the point at which depth occurs as well, in the sense of first, second, & third dimensions. Interesting. The third dimension is the last that we can perceive easily, in fact the only really natural one for us; the realm of our everyday experience (first & second dimensions being, essentially, abstractions.) It is the place into which a child is born, and the place we exit in the end.

punchinella

Correction

To my horror I discover, in the latter half of the chapter, that the dimension into which we are born is in fact the fourth dimension . . . the third dimension is a flat plane, the second a line, & the first a point . . . Oh, the shame of it :|

The joke's on me :joke: :joke: :joke:

Sooo . . . why in the movie theater when you put the weird glasses on and stuff on the screen comes flying out through the air toward you . . . Why oh why is this called "3-D"???

aurorarose

Step 5- Rider Waite Temperance

Temperance is number 14 so the reduction is 5

For Fives
--Adaption
--Making necessary changes
--Humanity

I picked the most positive keywords for the fives because I don't feel this card is about the unpleasant forced changes but natural or intentional changes. I also like the idea of overthrowing the complacency of the fours, but I think this is more of a concept than a keyword, but it goes to the change being necessary.

nicki

Yipee

Finally got my book yesterday, I think its been all over the country!! so I will be able to complete step 5 tonight.

nicki