Is there a word for this method?

Dogs&Coffee

Dare we call it the.... wait for it..... DOUBLE DECKER?!?! :D

Tanga

Can only speak for myself, but I use one giant deck of 156 cards with my Transparent Tarot...
For me 156 cards is nothing as I used to play a game called Spite & Malice as a kid. That uses 4 decks of playing cards (208 cards).

Rodney

Huh - I sort of have the idea-ish.
More cards - why not? :) :)
Thank you.

Barleywine

For me 156 cards is nothing as I used to play a game called Spite & Malice as a kid. That uses 4 decks of playing cards (208 cards).

Rodney

With 156 cards you could almost make one of these and be the tarot version of Ray Bradbury's Illustrated Man! :joke:

I used to play Spite & Malice with my in-laws but got tired of it after a while. It's been years so I don't remember the game play, but four decks is a lot of cards to handle. We divvied up the shuffling.

Attachments

• Moneysuit.jpeg
    Moneysuit.jpeg
    60.1 KB · Views: 101

SunChariot

Is there a word for when someone takes two identical tarot decks and combines them for a reading, one all upright and one all reversed?

Never even thought of doing that. Although at one point I did have 2 versions of the same Tarot deck. The thing is that, to me anyway, wouldn't it seem confusing if the identical card came up both reversed AND upright in the same reading???

It would to me, the way I do reversals, but then that means it would not happen as the cards always make sense.

Babs

SunChariot

If it doesn't have an official name yet, I like the ring of "Double Dutch" for it. ;) Does anyone remember the craze of rope skipping/jumping rope (using two ropes at once, swinging in opposite directions) that had this name? Pretty cool stuff.

Yes. I do remember that. We used to do that as kids. :heart:

Babs