Borderless Rider Waite Smith, help!

Shade

As was noted earlier by RWCarter - Benebell's deck predates the US Games versions and should not be within the clutches of that robber baron Kaplan ; )

Of course they can try something but Benebell's a lawyer.

tapestry

Here is my "trimmed to borderless" RWS. Best colouring on the market (and that must be what led them to forbid its circulation in the US if it isn't readily available, as posted above) and Rose & Lilies backs to boot. Lovely size - the size of a standard trimmed LoS deck.

I honestly thought that the two boxes were Europe and U.S. As it stands now, I have no idea why there are two boxes as both are readily available here, though I see the fancy ivory and blue box less and less now.

I have not tweaked the colours or anything in the attached photo. They are as seen this morning.

This is really beautiful -- it's amazing how much better it looks without the borders -- please let me know if you ever consider selling this! :D

I'm afraid I just don't have the nerve to trim any of my decks yet.......<<<sheepish grin>>>

karen0205

This is really beautiful -- it's amazing how much better it looks without the borders -- please let me know if you ever consider selling this! :D

I'm afraid I just don't have the nerve to trim any of my decks yet.......<<<sheepish grin>>>
Why not? Buy a super cheap deck or get one at goodwill and start practicing.
It's not hard. All you need is a paper trimmer, you can get small ones
for scrapbooking
and a corner rounder.
What's the worst that can happen with a practice deck?

FaintlyMacabre

As was noted earlier by RWCarter - Benebell's deck predates the US Games versions and should not be within the clutches of that robber baron Kaplan ; )

Of course they can try something but Benebell's a lawyer.

Lawyers certainly lose cases too although since she's not distributing it or anything I can't see why they'd bother. I doubt she needs to be embroiled in a hassle with U.S. Games though.

Sorry, can't work up any rage against Kaplan.

Diana

FaintlyMacabre

for scrapbooking
and a corner rounder.

I had not actually intended to trim a deck but I did not want to ruin a good deck (I was edging) and got that Sharman-Caselli you can color and it is crooked so I will have to trim. I plan to use my ruler and my rotary cutter. And hopefully my plan will work - not be trimming the borders, but figure a card size and trim to that as many have said trimming borders make the cards different sizes. I am not losing much here.

Frankly I have like 3 of some other decks too but I am not really one for messing around with most of them.

Diana

gregory

I tried a (mercifully self printed) deck with a rotary cutter. Never again.

For my Thoth (NOT one with borderless backs; they don't work as the images are not the same size... !) I used good scissors. Worked MUCH better.

FaintlyMacabre

I tried a (mercifully self printed) deck with a rotary cutter. Never again.

For my Thoth (NOT one with borderless backs; they don't work as the images are not the same size... !) I used good scissors. Worked MUCH better.

Tell before I wreck it. What went wrong?

Diana

tapestry

for scrapbooking
and a corner rounder.

True enough. Guess I don't wanna ruin any decks at all, cheap or not. But that's probably the only way to practice. There are no goodwills or anything like that near where I live (I'm on a tiny island), but I can always find something cheap on the interwebs and try it out that way.....

Thanks for the advice, Karen! :)

gregory

Tell before I wreck it. What went wrong?

Diana
If you miss - it's all over. With scissors you can see exactly what you are doing and in the awful event that you're slipping, you can stop with just the tiniest nick - as the one I made in my trimmed pink. The rotary - it was over before I saw, if you see what I mean. It's the level of control.