Splitting deck for a reading?

page of ghosts

Yeah sure, I've dealt my cards in several different ways as long as I've been doing tarot which is... not that many years. But I've yet to find a favourite way of doing it. Sometimes I will split the deck in as many parts as I need cards for a spread, other times I split it in maybe 3, 4, or take out parts as I go and try to get a feel for where I'll find my cards (which can be very tedious so I think I'll move away from this actually), spread them all out and try to pick up which cards are for this spread or just make less work for myself and pick whatever from the top. The last one is the less involved method I think, and the one I like the best at this time even if it can take some time to feel done when I shuffle the cards.

Farzon

I use different methods to get my cards. I started work drawing from the top, then switched to drawing from a fan for a long time. Some decks are nearly impossible to fan and for those I used to split the deck into small stacks and would then draw cards at random from the tops of these stacks. Now I'm back top drawing from the top sometimes. Nearly needless to say, every of these methods works for me.