eBay deck with keywords in border??? $300.00

cynthea

I have never seen this deck, although I have only recently been haunting eBay like an addict LOL. I clicked on it because I thought person was over pricing a regular deck, curious why so expensive. Very little information, no box or booklet. Cards have no copyright, but it has keywords at bottom of card in border area- interesting- here is link http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tarot-Deck-...549481?hash=item465e39af69:g:n0oAAOSw9eVXVKmS

dawning_tarot

looks like a mix of being "cursed" and charity, interesting keyword deck though. looks like similar to a USG version.

cynthea

thanks

thanks for the responses, I was not considering buying it. I was curious since I hadn't seen it before. Thanks for the links! I am constantly amazed at some of the prices on eBay- I have seen many overpriced decks etc.

Dogs&Coffee

This isn't the after tarot, is it?

decan

I didn't know the Merrimack tarot.
$300 indeed :)
On the other link on eBay (the one sold for $30), I am wondering if the keywords on the 4 of Swords ("Bad news") and the 5 of Pentacles ("Conquest of Fortune by reason") are really relevant...

Anyway, $300 is probably an error made by the seller! :rolleyes:
Or maybe the price is because the deck was shuffled again and again by a famous fortune teller with years and years of deep experience. Sometimes it happens, and of course the deck is naturally priceless! :D

Edward Tarot Hands

Anyway, $300 is probably an error made by the seller! :rolleyes:

I read further on down the page and it seems the seller thinks the cards are imbued with some strange power as they were using them in a stage show pretending to fortune tell. Their friends then asked them to do a 'real' reading. Apparently some horrible future predictions came true.
Could all be a tall tale but that's the reason for the high price

decan

I read further on down the page and it seems the seller thinks the cards are imbued with some strange power as they were using them in a stage show pretending to fortune tell. Their friends then asked them to do a 'real' reading. Apparently some horrible future predictions came true.
Could all be a tall tale but that's the reason for the high price

Hum, hum, that's a strange power that increases the price amazingly :)

Darkmage

That is indeed the Merrimack deck. I have a copy--I got that combined w/a book for $21 after shipping.

$300? Hahaha!! That's hilarous. What's scary is some sucker will probably cough up that much for it.

I think the deck is a worthy addition to my RWS collection. I really wish USG would publish a RWS deck with those bright colours instead of the faded ones they've been pumping out for several decades. I just don't like the keywords on the bottom, but that's this deck for you.

It's not all that common, really, but it's not rare enough to justify what the seller's charging, either.