Is death always about endings??

Debra

I'd bet on the situation being dead, like, nothing happening, nothing new, stagnant, immobile. Dead. It's the next card that tells what happens next.

Awkward.turtle91

I'd bet on the situation being dead, like, nothing happening, nothing new, stagnant, immobile. Dead. It's the next card that tells what happens next.

Hi Debra,

Maybe things are dead at present possibly. I've hardly seen them so that could make sense also.

.. .. it'd over in your readings by the way if you want to have a nose.

Rachx

My father, step mum and partners mum all died in the last 6 months. Death appeared in RWS readings but I didn't read it as death at the time because it doesn't mean that to me. In other decks and RWS readings the 10 swords meant death of a person to me and 8 cups also - But I think it reflected the beliefs of who the querent was -and maybe the person that died. My belief is our souls move on to a higher place, so receiving the 8 cups about my Dad (who I knew was dying) was very comforting and felt better to me, if that makes sense ? My boyfriends mum died quite suddenly and the 10 swords was representing that in my boyfriends readings- which were about him not her- and so reflected his belief that Death is pretty final. Death card did show death in one of his readings after she died but it was more about "dealing with the deaths" i.e. How to cope with the grief and so on. This is because I read death card as transformation and movement. I hope that makes sense now I have edited it!

Awkward.turtle91

d299ce496a1adea715b7b0e67088f521.jpg

Here's a picture of it for you guys :)!

Awkward.turtle91

I don't think it's a dramatic negative change.

Things changed in the friendship, we spoke a bit more then normal. Etc and I changed my appearance up a little ..

I just felt like there was a difference when I saw them, I don't think death has to be a bad card. :)

HudsonGray

Admittedly I didn't read all the postings (4 pages so far), but has anyone pointed out that the 'ending' of something could be your apparent seclusion as a person and an opening up to let someone new in?

Death is all about endings and rocky road new beginnings so it can be approached in several different ways.

I, too, don't subscribe to the simple idea that the Death card means an actual death of something each and every time. Tarot isn't black and white. Remember that EVERY card has a 50/50 mix of postive and negative in it. Not overwhelmingly good or bad.

Awkward.turtle91

Admittedly I didn't read all the postings (4 pages so far), but has anyone pointed out that the 'ending' of something could be your apparent seclusion as a person and an opening up to let someone new in?

Death is all about endings and rocky road new beginnings so it can be approached in several different ways.
oh hudson gray, I absolutely adore this particular meaning of death.I struggle to allow to let new people in and get close to me so i do believe this might have hit a nerve. And no one has not pointed this out.

[/QUOTE]I, too, don't subscribe to the simple idea that the Death card means an actual death of something each and every time. Tarot isn't black and white. Remember that EVERY card has a 50/50 mix of postive and negative in it. Not overwhelmingly good or bad.[/QUOTE]

I can't think for the life of me that death could mean an ending all the time either i feel it might mean something more given the cards around it, I don't feel this has been a bad change after last night :) x

pollenpath

I also got Death in a recent reading concerning someone I'm in love with but we're not together, and I feared that I would lose him altogether somehow. So this thread has been very encouraging and illuminating :)

I like the interpretation about Death symbolising a rite of passage or change of status in a situation or a person, something that marks transition from the old to the new. I'm also excited by the suggestion that it might mean a positive transformation as much as a feared change. As for my own situation, the idea that Death might bring a development in the relationship from being less close to being more intimate - well, that would rock my world (in a good way; what I would call a *welcome* change!)

Whatever the meaning, however, for me this is a *major* archetype and therefore has a patterning effect in my reality at present. I personally couldn't interpret it just on the level of a meal together or similar passing detail. Major archetypes have powerful effects on our realities and when they come up in a reading they indicate significant structural influences in this particular period of experience. So, for example, I would expect to find elements of Death ruling not just the relationship in question for the time being, but also other aspects of my life. There's a deep energy of transition, transformation or ending underpinning my reality right now and I would be wise to expect and notice that quite generally, as chances are it will need to be worked through in more than one event or relationship. The archetypal energy will have some rulership for now and the cards are alerting me to that, is my take. A reversed two of cups, say, would be much more specific to the focus of the question, in this case a relationship. For me the major cards are very much like astrological influences, they get into everything while they're around, for better or worse :)

euripides

I, too, don't subscribe to the simple idea that the Death card means an actual death of something each and every time.

I don't think anyone thinks that, do they? I wouldn't expect the cards to predict death. There's so much going on that can be the difference between life and death, it's like expecting them to predict the flight of a butterfly at the other end of the world.

But endings generally, more so.

Sharla

d299ce496a1adea715b7b0e67088f521.jpg

Here's a picture of it for you guys :)!

Thanks for adding the card link, as the image does help in visual people like myself.

I know you've had a lot of help so far....but now going on the card impression this gives me a different view on your direct Question...

Your the girl on the horse following the pack (the guy) he's taking the lead between you and him. Your going by his movements in what's to come next from you both.

Your afraid to fall off the horse and disrupt the flow of energy going on, meaning you don't want to upset the cart...your hanging on as tightly as you can not saying a word or making any wrong move afraid of Making the wrong move or saying the wrong thing.

Your blind and are afraid to see what's ahead, there's no direction. You and the horse your on, are afraid to see where you are going or what your getting yourself into.

Your just moving along blindly with no say in what goes on or what you want, there must be something more behind them closed eyes. You really must want to take off them blinkers and see things for what they really are for better or worse.