How do you use your oracle?

BLFO

I mean when you practice with your oracle deck daily, what sort of questions do you ask? Also, tell me, what is the purpose or theme of your deck. For instance, is it for romance, spiritual guidance, finances, career. I am trying to get a feel on how people treat oracles different from tarot. I bought my first oracle a few days ago.

Gavriela

It will depend on the oracle you're using - they aren't all alike.

Personally, I use Lenormand cards at the moment, and a three-card spread for the day - fortunetelling more than anything else, what will happen on a practical level, because that's what it works best for.

But I have other oracles that work differently.

Little Hare

I tend to treat my tarot and oracle the same because i work through intuition and not 'set' meanings although i have found that for myself oracles really love to tell story's

Some of the questions i ask my oracles are;

What do i need to know for today?

What do my angels want me to know?

I still ask the same questions as tarot tho ;)

BLFO

I have the Love Pack (Romance Pack) and so far I can only come to think of asking: 1. What is my romantic prediction for the week?, and 2. What guidance or advice should I follow? These are weekly questions. I haven't figured out if this card is good for daily, especially since I am single at the moment.

Little Hare

My experiance of having a specific love oracle i guess you could say wasnt' the best, because for myself the interpretations were vague e.g you will meet a man with dark hair... whaaat? that's a quater of the human race! and also i find the deck is just limited to love questions and well i like a deck that is varied and can be used for any questions

caridwen

The oracle I use the most is the Froud Fae oracle and I ask What message do the fae have for me? Advice from the fae on this situation? What do I most need to know about this situation? They are the questions I ask and I draw three cards:)

Elven

I dont do daily readings anymoe unless I have a situation which is swiftly transpiring, and then I draw a card a week - and then follow it with 6 further cards - one a day - as a comentary on the Major card (not Major Tarot Card - Major Oracle card :p)

There are some decks I dont use as a daily deck - when the message has transpired or in motion, I then may draw another card when I feel that energy has passed and I can move in - especially with the Sabian Symbol which may take some time to play out.

If I am using cards of inspiration, I keep the message strong in my memory for the day - applying it to situations - and seeing where I can use it - seeking out a purpose with it.

Others translate messages to me - from my Higher-Self, and they can relate to a wide range of elements - so I keep these messages close to my heart for reflection.

I think you will find your own pace BLFO - and it may not be daily - it might be every second day - or before you sleep - whenever it calls you - if you are seeking to learn from them, ask the Oracle to be shown how to use them.

There are several different types of Oracle reading exchanges if you would like to practice with your new deck :) Here is a link to some of them - describing what type of reading exchanges they offer - you can place your name in the thread and select which ones you want to get a PM notification for ...
List of Oracle Reading Exchanges

Have lots of fun with your new Oracle!

Blessings Elven x

Little Hare

BLFO said:
peace pixie, did you get this deck? People told me to avoid buying The Poppy's Love Cards

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/poppys-love/

I have the Love Pack (Romantic Deck)

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/love-pack/

yes i have poppy's... avoid it... in my opinion its terrible... anyways ;) i like the artwork from the love pack... i tend to steer away from cards that are set for one specific purpose but that's just me....

As Elven has mentioned you may prefer drawing cards... every second day or weekly... sometimes if we draw cards all the time it can muddle up our actual experiances.

I hope you have fun with these cards

:heart:

FaeryGodmother

Hi BLFO,

I think the deck you picked as your first oracle is a very psychological deck as opposed to a "fortune-telling" sort. At least in my experience. You may run into lots of problems trying to use the Love Pack for future predictions. It works best (for me anyway) as a tool for seeing whats really going on inside you (or others)

As for how I use my oracles, lol, I have too many, but they all fall into different catergories. Some are predictive, eg- my Titanias, Answer deck, Love Spell Box etc; others are far more for self discovery, eg all my Doreen Virtue decks, Caroline Myss Archetype cards and the Love Pack etc.

Different decks require different approachs, i think.