Question about Oracles

Akuts

Hi. I'm only new here, but I've been interested in Tarot cards for quite a few years. I've never thought about Oracles before, however after reading the Oracle section of the forum I'd really like to try them.

My question is, could I use a Tarot deck? I bought the Dreampower Tarot years ago, thinking it was a normal Tarot deck, and I've no idea what to do with it so it just sits in its bag doing nothing. Is there any chance it might work as an Oracle?

Sorry if this is too dumb a question.

Sheri

Hi Akuts,

Not a dumb question at all. You can use any of your "tools" in any way that you wish... once you own it, you control it. "Your oracle, your rules." One of my favorite things to do is use my Tarot and oracles in ways other than those they were intended })

From my own experience, it is really amazing when you "cross over" Tarot and oracles... for example, using the Mystical Lenormand or even playing cards :bugeyed: in a Celtic Cross spread or the Tarot in spread that is associated with Lenormand or playing cards. Very cool stuff starts happening!

:love: valeria

Akuts

Thanks, Valeria. Now I'm really getting excited about trying the Oracle! :)

avalonian

I think that's a brilliant idea, especially with the Dreampower as it is so different. I think I would be inclined to try using just the Majors.

May have to try that myself.

:grin:

Venus Moon

Yes! I've used Tarot decks as oracles, usually when they just don't work as a Tarot because they've renamed a lot of cards, strange suits, meanings. So I approach with an intent to use it as a more creative oracle. Those can turn out to be the most fun and freeing for your creative side!

I've really been turning more towards oracles lately and I am enjoying it so much, I got Frouds Faeries in the post today, but yet to open it. There are so many out there I've never heard about, it's another world. Have fun! :)

Cactus

Venus Moon said:
Yes! I've used Tarot decks as oracles, usually when they just don't work as a Tarot because they've renamed a lot of cards, strange suits, meanings. So I approach with an intent to use it as a more creative oracle. Those can turn out to be the most fun and freeing for your creative side!

I like that idea! I have only one deck that is a bit different than regular tarot in that the pictures are different. It's the Tarot of Transformation and even though the suits are the same, the court cards are different and aren't a person - they're a quality you either have or need to develop.

It's a 78-card deck and I am just realizing that even though I do a daily draw with that deck as well as with another tarot deck, I am using the Tarot of Transformation more as an oracle for spiritual-based readings.