Gypsy Witch Study Group

tarotcardrose

Gypsy Witch Study Group /Madame Endora

I thought it would be the perfect time of year to have a study group. I am interested in a Gypsy Witch or Madame Endora's Cards, is anyone interested? Whichever has more votes we can do?

Adjustment

I would love to learn more about the Gypsy Witch cards

nowment

gypsy witch

I have used this deck off and on for years though I haven't done the reading that is in the small instruction pages in many years I find that I tend to lay cards out in my own way or til it feels right sometimes with a structure of the past present future, sometimes just turning the cards for influences etc. though I also tend to keep going deeper or stopping when it feels right.

With these cards there is something easy because the meanings are written right on the cards and the corresponding "regular" playing card is shown.

I was once again drawn to these perhaps because my grandfather always used regular playing cards, and it is different than the regular playing card methold I use.

Periodicly you can even find vintage decks of this and I have come across one from 1948 that is the same they haven't changed the deck from then to now.

what was it you had in mind for this study group of this deck?

Adjustment

I have a friend who uses the gypsy withch deck she does a triangle spread, she doesn't read from the definitions on the cards she told me she doesn't even pay attention to the words written on them but reads rather from the images she sees, and llops them around making an storie, she hads done very accurate readings for me with this deck, very blunt and stright to the point, this is why i'm so interested on learning to read with them

wumpkie

I would be up for this. I got mine a few years back and have never really used them, apart from a few games of solitaire :)

mystic Guy

Hi
I think this is a great idea ,
I see alot that people get results when ignoring the writing on the cards
and putting ther own meanings to the cards.
I think 1 to 36 in the regular Lenormand deck should have the same meanings
in this deck so that just leaves 16 cards to put meanings on,
.i.e. The Shepherd card to me suggests someone that guides, protects,
teaches or tends to there flock.
The Lion great danger , something that will eat you, whether it be like cancer
or something on your mind eating away at you.
I would love to know the meanings other people put on the 16 cards.

Adjustment

I see the The Shepherd as a loner someone who is very much alone
The Lion i see it as having courage to face a challenge. I wll be back with some of my own meanings

Azure_Skye

I just got this deck today and feel that I would very much use them intuitively and not go by the actual meaning. Maybe use it as a guideline, but that's pretty much it!

Moonbow

Hi Azure_Skye

The Gypsy Witch card meanings could be completely ignored and just the playing cards used for readings.

You might like to do a search on Playing Cards so that you get some help with meanings, but its a very popular and old, traditional method for reading cards. It far outdates Tarot and Oracles. Once you can read with playing cards you can read anything, in my opinion.

I quite like the Gypsy Witch cards for the very reason that you can choose either the Lenormand-y style of reading, or read the playing cards. These are made by the USPCC so are really nice card stock and for diviners are a lovely, hand-sized deck to use. I'm quite taken, as you can tell. :)

DragonFae

I have them...but haven't used them in a while. I have a love/hate relationship with decks like this (with written meanings)...sometimes I really like it because it makes reading and learning the meanings of certain cards so much easier....AND then at times I think it is too restrictive and when I have a reading where the existing meanings don't fit or make sense then it gets all muddled.