fourth reading at the drydren fair 2013

HOLMES

August 22. 2013,

Yesterday I went there to scope things out and make sure the area was ready..
The tables were just going up and it was just getting organized ,, so I made sure I was registered and I left saying I would be at 2.

Today it was late as my ride was late so I didn’t get there to about 350ish pm..
And let me share that I was up since 730 am,, because I went to bed early however my schedule is 8 am to 4pm so my schedule was greatly out of whack.

Anyhow,, so I get there and get it all set up,, with my brother helping me. Then he left.
So I was getting all the tarot cards ready on the side,, scoping things out ,, praying in my mind to have a good day..

When all of the sudden a voice says to my right “ what are you doing here “ loudly,, and I said ,, I am supposed to be here, to which the lady said “ I know for a fact that you are blocking the fire exit and it isn’t’ allowed “ I said I been here for two years in a row already,, to which she walked away.
I got the tarot a tiny bit more organized and went and stood over there and waited patiently for her to get her things done she was doing at her booth.

After a few minutes I said “madam, would you like to come with me to the front so we can clear this up “ and she said “ yes” and we walked up there..
About 10 feet away she called the front woman by name, and said “ name,, this person is blocking the fire exit and shouldn’t’ be there “ the front lady surprised me by saying “ ohm but he been there last year already “ and we explored in our conversation about looking for a different booth,, and we both made sure my number was 21. The lady in blue who was worried about the fire exit said “but he won’t make any money as they won’t see him.” and we agreed to wait till the main woman who over sees things appears.
(so just to clear up any confusion the, lady in blue is the first lady,, the front lady was who we went to talk to ,, and the lady in charge is the lady who wasn’t there to talk to ).
Oh and to clear up one thing,, is the fire exit is right next to a big length of a house opening on that side.

So I thought all was good,, and as we walked backs, the lady in blue mutters “ whatever “ so I sat there and started my ritual.

I charged up the area with reiki symbols but not as obvious as I was about it at the pow wow, called in the ascended masters , charged up my aura, shuffled all the cards and voila I was ready to go..

The first reading was broken shortly after for a 3 card for 20, she said it was good,,

The next reading was unique as there was open energy couple,, man and wife, and the man asked “will he go back to school “ to which I replied “ the answer is do you want to go back to school if so,, go back to school “ and we started laughing,, and he said “ that was easy eh “.

So he asked about his business and it was a 7 card reading,, and we were flowing man,, I don’t remember much of the reading just that it was very good.
Ohh also after a brief discussion , I said “don’t’ tell me more,, as I don’t want this to be warm reading “
Also because I had some ideas ,, I said to him ok this is what know personally without a card reading and we talked about how the spots for 3 various restaurants always failed. (or rather I told him and he listened as I asked ). The main thing was for me to get my personality out of the way.

Then I read for his wife who didn’t tell me her question but it seemed like it hit the nail on the head..
He shared with me that he got offers to get brought out twice,, and it was like a meeting of the minds.

So it was a while before I got another reading, but in the meantime the woman in charge came over and asked “if I was who supposed to be there,, “ with the gentlest smile that any anxiety I had built up from the previous energy exchange was gone..
I asked about the fire door and she said “ohh that is fine “ and asked who said that about the door so I told her and said “ let me know if anyone has any concerns “.

I came back to share that I noticed someone slipped a Jesus picture on my box which I picked up when I moved my spreads. I didn’t’ make a mention of it,, just put it there with my spreads.

Then I had a repeat customer from last year,, and innocent looking grade 10,, and asked for a past present and future.. With this I stymied for it was a general reading and when it came to the future it was the nine of cups reversed and so the thought of teen pressure and teen parties coming up this year for her came to mind and I expressed that with the idea that be careful of what you wish for it might not be as good as she would want.
She left,, it was a decent reading but It wasn’t’ up to my high standards.

Then I had surprise of my life time,, a beautiful woman who I haven’t’ seen since 2002 appeared in the seat in front of me almost by magic,, I think at the time I was looking to the right out the side door and looked forward and she was there with big smile that I had to take a double take and my mind was like “ omg don’t’ show your emotions “ . folks this was a lady who found me a place to rent out and also we went to high school together. We talked briefly about her being back in the area since October, and all the while I couldn’t’ take my eyes off her.. After I told her what I knew about her,, we haven’t’ seen each other since 2002, and last time we talked in about 2005 by messenger, then the reading started.
It was a magical reading , especially her reaction to almost every card like I knew her like a book.
Afterwards she left , with me sitting there dreamily for a while.

Afterwards I don’t’ know how long afterwards,, a man and her daughter came and sat down .. I don’t know exact ages but I would gather late 40 and late 29ish ? They had exotic names , and they were both Portuguese which was cool .. They both decided on a 10 card reading with the two for one discount.. Surprise on my face and greed probably I said “awesome “

The readings went extremely well , I made sure then they left that every card was understood and meant something to them.
and they must of been impressed or so I gathered in a couple of minutes after she left a person came by to asked how long I been in the tarot and if I was highly clairvoyance as she heard I was very good.. I just shared with her a bit how I read the tarot,, and she has a pillow booth over there so I have to check it out tomorrow .

The last reading was a man who asked for 3 card reading and it went good,, it was the first time in a long time thought I saw a negative court card as someone out to get the client to which they agreed it was so.

In retrospect leading up to this day, I went energy and light about two days before as I feeling apphrensive , and like someone was going to happen I didn’t believe…

The dread was probably the disagreement, and the lull between readings especially at the end.
The thing I didn’t’ believe to see my crush friend again,, and to break my record for the day.

Oh yes I forgot to mention that I had a tarot workshop sign up sheet that I am putting on October 26 with me and two people signed up. Which look encouraging,, I went to the shop keeper and she did it for me,,.

2 more days to go,,

HOLMES

second day

Hail guys

This is the send of the second day,, 11 20 pm I write this on august 23.

It was a slow Saturday ,, what can you do when it is slow,, I got the sign up, the cards out and I was charged up. Ah well ,, at least I made slighty over what I made last night.

Ah where to start..

Well at the beginning I was late again, due to my ride being at work,, when I got there I had the traditional jesus pamphlet but this time with more literature. I just added it to my spread sheets..

The lady in blue was sitting there in her booth and at one point , (the door was closed when I got there ,, the fire door ) I asked if she wanted it open as she was sitting over there across for me and perhaps would of appreciated the breeze, also I asked if it was supposed to be closed .
So we talked briefly and I left it closed.

In my mind as I sat there at the beginning doing my own personal rituals and shuffling each deck I wondered if she was mentally fuming ,, and wondered if her energy was going to wreck some readings..(her auric energy and mental sendings ).. I no longer gave any power to those thoughts and waited for a customer.

As I had a lot of readings today,, I can’t really go in order..

Ohh ,, one reading I had today pretty early was for a man in the wheel chair and , then his son wanted a reading about his truck.. And then the son shared his father had a stroke but before he did that ,, his dad was quite serious into the tarot.. And I felt kindred to the man in the wheel chair and shared that they do healings at the local all that is store on wensday,, perhaps he should inquire about possibly going for one.
It was the father who was being pushed,and stopped the son with his hand on the sign as he went by and said “ tarot stop “.. from there the readings of the day start to gel.

There was a local young person who I met at the pow wow and he is starting to get into tarot and told me he signed up for my workshop already.. Cool eh ?. We talked about tarot and I shared with him my reading philosophy , I was excited for it gave me time to get feedback on the reading.. I shared with him my positional style vs. a spread style, he liked it,, and I shared with him how I felt this deck of a thousand spreads was made for me, and he said he saw it at the store and was very much interested.
Oh he brought a Visconti-Sforza Tarot, and I shared why I had trouble with the non illustrated pips types of tarot. But this up comer I predict will go far in the tarot.

There was a brunch of one card readings.. And it gave me a test to see how accurate it would be as it been a while since I did that.
One person asked about finances and the card that was turned over from the deck of a thousand spreads turned out to be finances and I said “it doesn’t get much clear then that to the client. “

One person asked a question,, and it was a page of pentacles reversed and I told her what the card was,, the two of cups reversed was the soul message,, I now forget the postions that with the reading.
After I explained the cards she shared that her question was how her mother was going to deal with the early stages of alzeimers and I said “oh that makes sense now “
I explained that her mother was seeing young people long gone for when you have that disease it is the long term memory that goes the last at least in my understanding.
Then I asked if the husband was deceased and she said yes, so I said now the 2 of cups reversed tells me that her husband is around his wife and she doesn’t know how to deal with it as she feels his presence but may not understand it.
And the daughter said that made so much sense as “she says his name constantly “.
Whew for I felt good that we got through this, and I was worried that I was going to give the moolah back,, for I was just preparing to until she shared that with me.

I guess we can end up here with the dramatic reading of the day.
A young woman I am not sure how old, but innocent cuddly looking,, I am not sure how to describe it kind hearted looking if there is a such a thing.

I saw her start at me sitting there,, and leave,, walk by and stare and ,, walk by one more before stopping across the way and slowly approaching. At that point I said “ would you like to some prices “ and we talked about what spread she wanted, what bag she picked , and we went though my prayer ritual.
It was a one card reading .
I asked what was her question and you could tell she teared up and said yes.. I said you don’t have to tell me now, but keep it to yourself and I will see what it says and you can tell me later.
The postion was attitudes and mind..
And the card was DEATH.
A big chill came over me, and perhaps my eyes went all big, I said to her “ this is a big card and so I have to ask what was the question “
She shared that her question was about her grandma who had just cancer discovered and she was starting chemo,, and she her herself just moved her 2 months ago.
I was hesitant to turn over the card for I know the transformation message of the death card..but was scared that she might think it be a fatalistic message that death is inevitable.
But I braced myself for any further tears as she had started crying talking about the card,, and I think perhaps she might of known what the card was going to be.
So I turned it over and started talking about death means changes but also “ it also means that something dies it might mean that your grandma might have to move, or she won’t be able to get around like she used to “ .
I went into the future numerology associations of , high priestress, the emperess card, and the emperor card.
I shared with her that her own mother was keeping things secretive as to protect you and to protect your grandma privacy.. That her mom was a hard time,, and she needs to be there for her..
And that the main thing is to let her grandma make her own decisions as she needs to know she is still “the boss of her life “ to which her grand daughter said yes she certainly is.

Her soul message was the hobbies and talents,, to which she shared she had artsy talents that she put away a couple of years ago,, and it was the five of cups,, so I suggest that the creator would want her to express her pain in art,, and it would help her get though these times.

After she left some people asked if I made her cry , to which I said no ,, her own emotions made her cry. But that is what I remember most,, her emotions,, her gentleness, and risk of what she must have been feeling inner turmoil. It touched my heart.
And the reading itself gave me chills on the way home.

So there is one more day to go,, and it is supposed to be the biggest day,, I hope it goes well.

HOLMES

11:08 pm , august 24,, last day of the fair.

First let me start off by saying it was an awful day .

It rained, early on, and it was muggy the rest of the day til the last hour where it rained and everyone was piled into the pavilion at the end. Everyone commented on how empty the fair was compared to the previous days.

Hmm I also went over to talk to a local lady about the store that I go to that sells stuff on consignement,, and when I told her the name and the universal approach she made a face (as she was volunteering for the christian group last year ) and said she would have no interest in that .
I also told her of my fellow natives that works hard with beads,, after seeing she helped out a young girl she knows to make earings and she said no,, she wanted to sell her own stuff,, she just was trying to help out the girl.
(the moccasins, and native artwork on her table account for half of the things in the table,).
In 3 other booths there was that type of artwork ,beads,, oh some stone artwork like crystals.

Iso it was an awful day by my reading standards, the amount of money I made was less then I made on Thursday even and that is typically the worst day. I know now what the dread was that I had feeling for the last two weeks for the fair . As the day went on,, I got more and more dejected,, and I even charged up the aura twice at least later on the day wondering if it was my own aura messing up.

Except for one 3 card reading,, all the readings I did today was 10 dollar reading. So that adds up to about 7 one card readings (except for a friend who I gave a 3 card reading for 10 dollar as it was her birthday).
edited to add,
she thought when I did my little ritual that the my left hand made the card move,, and I felt empowered and wonder if it did move.. on my way to the walmart ,, I realized that the door behind me to the right was open so reasoned that it must be a breeze that moved it.

And I did learn one thing,, “I will come back in a little while “ means a polite no in about 85 to 90 percent of the cases. Lol.

There was one person who came for a 3 card day though that was rocking,, the reading was so hit on for her that I was proud of myself ..the other one card readings were good as well.

In truth though there was nothing one could do ,, the heat was bad,, then there was a forcast of big thunderstorm which did hit about 9 30 ish pm.

I did have a interesting conversation with a youngish girl from 16 to 21, that her mother , and her grandmother do the tarot,, and I pointed her to this forum and the tarot garden. And I showed her my tarot decks.
Oh and I had another sign up for my forthcoming tarot workshop.

Lucky I talked to a friend of a friend and they talked to a friend of a friend,, and I was able to a discount for the charge of having a tarot booth which saved my life..sort to speak so I came out for the good.

Umm but yes today was the worst day, disappointment ,, I guess sooner or later it has to happen..

Ohh before I leave , I heard a story of an old eldery lady named old jenny,, that used to read the cards here in the late 80s and must of passed before 92. She lived in an old house , was ukianian, and people swore on her (which I take to mean she was the bombb ).

Madame Squee

Thank you for this thread, HOLMES. I love your conversational style of writing, and I always enjoy hearing about your experiences at the fair.