Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 294 : March 18 - March 24

Rose Lalonde

I'm trying not to collect so many tarot and oracle decks lately because I don't have space to store them or time to use them. I recently passed on my Whimsical and Over the Moon Oracle to a local friend, but I thought I'd do a giveaway here on the DoW thread for the Oriental Tarot (since it is has non-scenic pips and not everyone reads with them):

https://rinascimentoitalianartenglish.wordpress.com/oriental-tarot-1845/

If more than one person wants it, I'll draw a name at the end of the week to see who will be giving it a new home. Just one caveat: since it was given freely, if you find you don't connect with it, please pass it on rather than sell it.

Bodhiseed, I'm definitely interested. It's a lovely deck, and I don't mind non-scenic pips at all. I recently posted some decks for trade on the trade train, so maybe I could send you one of the ones that wasn't picked, if I have anything you want. (though that wouldn't help with paring down your collection, I guess :neutral: )

Of course, if anyone else in our DotW group is interested in this deck, I look forward to the draw! Kind of you to offer to us. :)

Rose Lalonde

DotW - Tabula Mundi and Via

Posted re the 10 of Cups in the Tabula Mundi daily draws thread. Didn't mention my comparison deck for this week's DotW - the Via -- but the Via 10 of Cups is a beautiful card too, with the moon over the water at night in the inset above. The cups tilt to show we've gotten all we want only to find it's not everything we hoped, and there's more to do... the 10 at the bottom coming back up to the Ace at the top. (Very Thothy deck, the Via -- not like the family happiness shown in RWS 10 of Cups). The colors of earthy Mallkuth at the bottom of the Tree of Life surround the woman holding up the image. You can tell a lot about the cards from the posture and expressions of the women at the bottom of all the Via minors.

Carojulie

I'm trying not to collect so many tarot and oracle decks lately because I don't have space to store them or time to use them. I recently passed on my Whimsical and Over the Moon Oracle to a local friend, but I thought I'd do a giveaway here on the DoW thread for the Oriental Tarot (since it is has non-scenic pips and not everyone reads with them):

https://rinascimentoitalianartenglish.wordpress.com/oriental-tarot-1845/

If more than one person wants it, I'll draw a name at the end of the week to see who will be giving it a new home. Just one caveat: since it was given freely, if you find you don't connect with it, please pass it on rather than sell it.

Hi BodhiSeed, what a super generous offer !
I have seen the Oriental tarot in a youtube video, and it is stunning. I specially love the delicate coloring that has been added to the original Foudraz drawings, the colors are so soft and elegant, it is beautiful. I am very happy that this beautiful ancient deck is published again, and in such a classy edition too.
Also I personnaly love the fact that the deck has kept its french titles, but that is also because french is my native language ! and I always have a soft spot for decks with french titles (though most of my decks have english titles and I love them).
This deck will find a loving new home for sure, given that everybody here cares for decks and appreciates each deck for what it is. If I ever end up the lucky caretaker of this little beauty, I swear to care for it well. But in any case I will be happy for whoever receives it, and I find your offer super nice.
Have a nice evening !

BodhiSeed

Okay, I'm going to use this post as a place to put the names of those who want to be in the drawing for the Oriental Tarot. If I miss adding anyone, please pm me!

Rose Lalonde
Carojulie

Green Faerie

Hi everyone,

I just realized this morning that I have missed this thread for a couple of weeks! RL has been crazy. I will try to join in again on the new thread. Hope everyone is well. :)

DaughterOfDanu

I've been enjoying my decks this week. I've been getting more comfortable with reading the starchild tarot intuitively. I'm very attached to it at this point.

A shipping label was created for my Spirit de la Lune Oracle today. Can't wait to have it here <3

Hi everyone,

I just realized this morning that I have missed this thread for a couple of weeks! RL has been crazy. I will try to join in again on the new thread. Hope everyone is well. :)

I hope everything is going well for you. Welcome back!!

Green Faerie

I hope everything is going well for you. Welcome back!!

Thank you! Things are going along and there have been no disasters; it's just been incredibly busy and stressful these past couple of weeks. I could use some tarot time just to clear my head! :) Jumping back in the thread will help with that, I hope!