Future predictions

Ateni

Hello!

Can You share Your experience with tarot on future prediction spreads? Does it work?
I have made one, because soon I will leave to new work abroad for few months and of course I am curious how everything will go. However as I know, tarot shows predictions related with present emotions, state, am I wrong? If not, then maybe there is no point to predict future for few months, almost for half a year?

Grizabella

Future predictions do work. To be technical, since there's no time but the present, then everything else is either past or future, right? So you predict the future with any reading. Unless you're specifically wanting to read about the past, that is.

But to be less technical, yes predictive future readings do work. It helps to have some skill and experience with the cards but even as a beginner, it will still tell the future. With time, practice and experience you'll learn to recognize the answers the cards are showing you.

Starri Knytes

Exactly what Grizabella said.

As an example I had a client a few yrs back who wanted a 12 month spread. He messaged me 11 months later to tell me that everything played out just as the cards predicted. He was trying to get a book deal, had trouble with the contract, eventually signed, took his girl to the UK, she went nuts and left in the middle of the vaca, and on and on. He told me straight up he thought I was wrong about the girl. He said, no way that was going to happen...

I have another one recently, someone with a medical issue. Dr's said he had 6 months to live. He didn't ask about his diagnosis, he asked if he would be disfigured or disabled among other things. The cards indicated that he would be neither, in fact I could clearly see he walking about normally as I read for him. It has been 6 months and he is still going strong, not disabled or disfigured. In fact he just traveled with his family from the UK to the west coast of the US.

I hope these examples help answer your question.

nisaba

There are many different kinds of spreads that reflect possible futures.

I like to see life as a river. Every river flows in one direction: from its source to the ocean. Tidal estuaries might reverse their flow occasionally, but never very far inland.

In the same way, a predictive reading (as opposed to an analytical reading) will show what's very likely to happen in the future if you don't change your circumstances (ie, if you are a hard worker and the cards show success, then you stop trying because you think it's going to happen anyway, it won't, because you have changed the circumstance of being a hard worker that the reading's result was based on).

If you like what a reading shows you about your potential future, keep doing what you're doing or do it even more enthusiastically. Also, most "happy" cards will generally imply things you can do in terms of real-world work to bring about good results. This is still a matter of either floating downstream with the river's flow, or swimming downstream.

If you really don't like what the reading warns about in the future, like any swimmer, you have the option to change your choices and change your direction, to swim upstream. And like real swimming in real flowing water, swimming upstream requires more effort, but can be done.

I find even predictive readings are about showing you the best you COULD achieve and telling you what you need to to to achieve that, and warning you of any risks in the future and telling you how to avoid or minimise them. It's always about enabling you to improve your life, not about taking a static photograph about some kind of "destiny" that you are somehow so powerless that you can't change it.