"sun and moon tarot" study group discussion thread

jdev

This beautiful deck is simply begging to be studied by a group of us! The deck is quite unique in it's art and that it superbly blends The Thoth Tarot and the Rider Waite Tarot with the artist's (Vannessa Decort) own interpretations and symbols (for example, there's an alligator depicted on the fool card).

Please respond to this thread if you would like to begin discussion of this awesome tarot. We can decide together how we want to proceed and then get down to business.

I hope to see you around.

Hers,
Jagadeesh

MsKrissy

I am excited to begin studying this deck, you can count me in!

Pam O

I too LOVE the Sun & Moon Tarot more than I would have ever guessed!!! I hope to join in too, but my time is quite tight these days.

Please post in this thread when any new card threads are started so we get email notification, OK? That will help a ton!

PS The 4 of wands is one that I know I'm missing insight on since I've pulled that card a lot.

Cassandra022

currently abroad without my sun and moon, but once i get back, after the 13th or so, I will def join in :]

(unless someone posts pics of the cards under discussion, in which case i could join in earlier....)

jdev

Cassandra022 said:
currently abroad without my sun and moon, but once i get back, after the 13th or so, I will def join in :]

(unless someone posts pics of the cards under discussion, in which case i could join in earlier....)

I'm sure you can find a copy wherever you are, if it's Europe! :) When are you due back? If it's not too long we can wait for you if the others don't mind.

I'm planning on buying two more decks in case they ever go out of print. As much as I love my vintage and gifted Hoi Polloi, I am developing a bond with this deck and it was love at first sight. I can't bear to put it down! So, it's gonna get a lot of use and I can rest assured that even if it goes OOP I will aleways have a copy. :)

jdev

We're Starting!

We're off! Since it was the first suggestion, we shall start off with the Four of Wands. We don't have to go in any particular order and we may also have simultaneous discussions going. I plan to start a thread on both the Four and Two of Wands today, as something struck me as I was looking at the Two of Wands this morning and I wanted to see how you all felt.

This is going to be super duper!

Hers,
Jagadesh

jdev

New Threads

Members,
Om Namah Sivaya! Please be sure to subscribe to *this* post as we should all notify each other here when we have started a new card for discussion. When we get that notification that a new one is started, we can then subscribe to the individual card discussion and be notified of posts that way. It will just be difficult for us all to know if a *brand new* post has been started unless we post it here.

With that, two new threads have been posted. You will find a link below.

Four of Wands: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=158665
Two of Wands: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=158666

Love and Hers,
Jagadeesh

Pam O

jdev said:
We're off! Since it was the first suggestion, we shall start off with the Four of Wands. We don't have to go in any particular order and we may also have simultaneous discussions going. I plan to start a thread on both the Four and Two of Wands today, as something struck me as I was looking at the Two of Wands this morning and I wanted to see how you all felt.

This is going to be super duper!

Hers,
Jagadesh
Sounds good. : )

I've been pulling that 2 of wands quite a bit from the Sun and Moon. I was going to abbreviate, but "S&M" just doesn't sound quite right for this deck! :D

Pam O

Cassandra022 said:

When you get the cards in your hands and start playing with them, they are truly amazing!

We do want to let everyone who might be interested know, the pictures are being posted along with the each of the study group threads. So come join us.

Personally, I'm especially interested in hearing from people with the Thoth knowledge, since that side is new to me and there's lots of Thoth imagery mixed in with RWS with these cards...

jdev

Om Namah Sivaya!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I just got the ball rolling on this lovely group. I am in no way the "leader" or "coordinator"! We're all equal partners in this. Feel free at any time to start a thread on any card you wish or do anything else you would like.

I don't mind being the scanner for the group. I have one handy and it's easy peasy. So if you don't have a scanner and need the card for a discussion scanned, just shoot me a PM and I'll have it for you in a jiffy.

Much love!

Hers,
Jagadeesh