Faeries or Heart of Faerie Oracle? :)

astronautica

Asides from my Lenormands (which are a relatively recent addition), I've never really used oracles before, but lately I've been itching to try one out. I'm really quite in love with Froud's Faeries Oracle and his Heart of Faerie, but don't know which one to choose! They both seem quite similar, and yet different in a way that's hard to put my finger on.

Any thoughts? :)

astronautica

Oh, thank you! I obviously didn't look very hard haha :) I was leaning more towards the Faeries Oracle - there's something that just seems that tad bit darker, more unrestrained about it - and a better book definitely seals the deal... although after reading that thread I'm now thinking both! My poor bank account...

Glitterbird

I love Froud's Faeries - The deck is beautiful and the book is well written. This deck is just friendlier? maybe warmer is a better term. I don't think you can go wrong with either deck though.

caz241

If you are just getting one, get the first deck, if you can afford it, get both if you can :)

Yora

I have no expierence with the other deck, but i have the first and love it! I read that there was dissapointment at the second one. But i can say for sure the first one will be loved! ;p

Genna

I love the first deck it has a FANTASTIC book and gave me my fairyguide Rosmerta. The second deck is for fans of the first I believe. We are starting slowly to love one another, but I was dissappointed in the book in the beginning. Well, it isn´t fair, who better than Jesa Macbeth to guide in fairyland.
Good luck!

elvenstar

If you are just getting one, get the first deck, if you can afford it, get both if you can :)

This :D

I confess to a certain partiality to the fae in the first deck, but that may be due to longer familiarity. Both decks are great.

Glass Owl

Another Faery deck you may want to take a look at is the Wild Wisdom of the Faery Oracle.

astronautica

Thanks so much for your feedback! Lots of votes for the Faeries so I think I might just go with that one to start off :)

This :D

I confess to a certain partiality to the fae in the first deck, but that may be due to longer familiarity. Both decks are great.

Ohh, don't tempt me! I was already thinking both, but had to give myself a slap on the wrist!

Another Faery deck you may want to take a look at is the Wild Wisdom of the Faery Oracle.

I just googled this one and it looks beautiful! Definitely going on my wishlist! Thanks for the suggestion :)