List of Single Playing Cards for each Major Arcana

firecatpickles

There are a few choice cards from the playing card deck that some across as rather strong in meaning sometimes.

For example, the 3:heart: sometimes to me can seem Empress-like, the A:spade: like Death. This is not preset, 100%, all the time, mind you. Just sometimes.

I would be interested in your thoughts about particular playing cards and their occasional Major Arcana associations.

I am sure we all have different ideas, so just because I list A:spade: as "Death" doesn't necessarily mean somone else can't come along and list another completely different card for "Death."

If you don't "believe" that there is any correlation between palying cards and the Major Arcana of the Tarot, please take it somehwere else, as this is a study practice group })

K:spade:K

firecatpickles

I see the A:spade: sometimes as the "Death" card, in that it signals internal and internally driven change that completely changes one's life. Of course in this respect, it can also mean actual "death," in and of itself.

firecatpickles

3:heart: as the Empress

Logiatrix

I tend to go by color and number, as opposed to
particular suit and number. For example, the red
3's are attributed to the Empress, while the black
3's are attributed to Death.
:love:

.traveller.

The ten of spades often heralds "Tower" like conditions. Five of spades I connect with the Death card, Nine of spades as Judgement, and the Ace of Hearts as the Lovers. That's all that comes to mind for the moment.

Phoenix Rising

The easiest way I found in incorporating tarot majors with playing cards is when the numbers are doubled up. With the 10's= changes, wheel of fortune. The Ace of spade which is "Death" in most methods of cartomancy. But the pip cards on its own, aren't strong to be a major arcetype. The Joker the fool.

Sheri

I've always though of the 9s as The Wheel, as I associate 9s with changes of some kind - and that seems very Wheel-ish to me (you pays your money and you takes your chances). I leave whether the change is good or bad up to the suit the 9 is in.

Depending on the reading, I might associate the Court cards with various Majors that would apply. I hadn't thought of pips as Majors...this gives me a whole different perspective to explore :thumbsup:

valeria

firecatpickles

4:club: is "The Devil's Bedpost," or "The Tower."

levannah60

Joker allways reminds me of the fool

Barbaras Ahajusts

Question/Devils Bedpost

kilts_knave said:
4:club: is "The Devil's Bedpost," or "The Tower."

KK,
I have the 4:club: in a 8 week spread and keep trying to picture a "devils bedpost." When you put it with The Tower, it rang clear then.

Nice coin, KK!

Do you have the time to kick this thread back into gear???

:heart:Barb