TOADies Anonymous.

DDwarks

In my view it's confessional. It helps you being aware of your actions :)

I agree! I've posted not too long ago after being sober for a few months to say I'd bought 6 decks at once! The shame after showing off how good I was being :(

Scarlet Woodland

I'm still on the wagon, in that I'm spending all my money on BPAL instead *facepalm*. There are a couple planned tarot purchases in the offing between now and Feb though, as I'm now on the BPAL wagon till then :D

willowy

Me too :) I've been on a buying binge since i joined this forum a few months ago and my collection is six times bigger than it was! Next year has to be a year of necessity as we seriously need to save up some funds for home repairs, so profligate deck buying really has to stop. I have way more than I will ever need already, I don't read professionally so I won't wear out what i have in a hurry.

I've decided to limit myself to just 3 additional decks next year. I have 3 decks on pre-order already that will land next year, so that will make 6 in total. Any more that I completely and desperately want will mean a deck has to leave the house before I can buy it. I recognise myself to be a compulsive acquisition addict (before decks I had major stash collecting issues with baby slings and woven wraps, handmade cloth nappy pretties, and knitting wool and yarn). So i plan to limit my visits to the deck forum, and concentrate on reading exchanges and study groups. Please wish me luck :)

Good luck Charlottek,and everyone else:) I have a problem with acquiring too,before decks I was crystals and books,but now its mainly tarot.
This forum is definitely enabling,wherever you go on it lol!So many times I've had the main page come up,and been'oh wow,thats a pretty deck'.
Having this forum as confessional will be good as I definitely don't think sometimes when buying decks,when I buy any next year I'm going to post on here,25 are allowed next year but hope to be under,and then the following year I'm dropping down the amount I can buy again,so kind of easing myself into 'normal' tarot buying eventually.

Thoughtful

Wow! willowy, 25 decks next year that's going some. You will be in TOADies every other week at that rate :grin:

Nemia

I see myself as Toadie in the Odysseus tradition - bound to the mast so I can hear the sirens but can't jump after them.

I'm so incredibly broke that I have no idea how to survive Christmas and didn't order a new deck for at least, well, two weeks? I even had to cancel an order because my paypal was empty and I can't fill it right now. BUT I know what will happen as soon as I recover a bit...

I remember how nice it was to be a virtuous, abstemious Toadie. By now, I'm Odysseus tearing wildly at the ropes that bind him.

Sirens, beloved sirens, stop singing!!!!! Let me be a happy, content Toadie again...!!!!!

Cocobird55

Tarot Decoratif

I didn't buy it for a long time. But I sold a deck and book set, and decided to pay the $15 difference. It was definitely worth it.

I believe Ciro is eventually planning a mass-market version of this deck.

I so love this deck. I have had it in the shopping bag a few times, but shipping and deck came to $90!!! So I have reluctantly put it back on the shelf. I'm really hoping it won't sell out VERY soon and it can be one of my 3 decks I am allowed to get next year.

willowy

Wow! willowy, 25 decks next year that's going some. You will be in TOADies every other week at that rate :grin:

Planned ones are ok lol :) but I'm hoping to be under.
Anyone have any tips on cutting back,or abstaining from shopping?

FLizarraga

Planned ones are ok lol :) but I'm hoping to be under.
Anyone have any tips on cutting back,or abstaining from shopping?

Yeah. Avoid AT altogether! 😂