Konxari Cards

Konxari_Cards

Some answers!

Hi there!

My name is Allison, and I work for the IRM Foundation, which currently has the rights to produce Konxari Cards.

First and foremost- thank you so much for your patience in receiving the cards- for those of you who have ordered. IRM is a small company, with only one staffer on shipping and receiving, and he was out on vacation for a week. Most of you should have your cards before the end of the week, if not already.

I'll try to answer some of your comments and concerns, though for contractual reasons, some material I'm not at liberty to speak about. Here goes:

1.) "Never use the Konxari Cards Alone." As many of you have guessed, this is just a disclaimer. If we don't put it there, then we get sued from people saying the cards told them to rob a bank, etc... I don't imagine us having any problems with users doing reading alone. :)

2.) The videos were not produced directly by IRM, but rather an outsourced third party. For the most part, we're happy with the fresh take on the cards, but of course nothing is ever perfect and there are a couple factual errors.

3.) Yeah, we've had a lot of confusion over Bruce Gerlach with the artist of the same name, who works on stuff like Star Wars and Lord of the Rings stuff. He has nothing to do with the cards. Also, artist Matt Busch who is also known for stuff like Star Wars does in fact do some marketing material for us, but he's never produced any art- and I don't think he will considering his style isn't very Konxari-like. On one visual artist on board, and that's the photographer, Paul Michael Kane.

The professor Bruce Gerlach in the videos does in fact run a ParaPyschology group at the U of Mass. I'll be honest, I was out the day he was in our offices so I didn't get to meet him and don't know as much about what he actually teaches at the school.

4.) The size of the cards is something that was discussed and argued over for years- even to the day they went to press. In the end, we realized that doing them Tarot sized would make the decks clock in closer to $30 retail. We ultimately opted to do smaller cards for a more inexpensive product.

Also- because of the traditional Konxari spread, with larger cards you need nearly twice the space to do a reading. The current size is standard playing card size, however, which we felt was nice in case you wanted to use any standard deck cases or other materials that fits the cards perfectly.

I should also point out that- though it may be years down the road- IRM may produce an over-sized card Konxari set, closer to Tarot size. I personally would love this, even to just see the beautiful photos better. :)

5.) As for additional characters like boyfriend or grandmother... These are all possible to decipher depending on the rest of the cards you get in your reading.

For example, if the message was in fact about a particular boyfriend, you'd likely get the boy card as well as the love card. In addition, you may get symbols, numbers or letters in the other cards that could present additional clues to the person in question.

6.) Is there really a shot in one of the videos where the wrong cards are flipped? Please let me know where- I don't think my boss is aware of that yet. :)

Thanks again for all of your patience and support! I hope you all enjoy the cards and messages they bring for years to come!

Sincerely,

Allison
The IRM Foundation

Asher

Got mine today!

Ordered on the 12th, "processed" for over a week, postmarked/mailed on the 23rd...not the fastest service, but at least they are here. Included were several extras: some Konxari postcards, 2 comic books, a couple of packs of collector/trading cards, an autographed card by the artist of the comics (Matt Busch), and some stickers.

But it's the Konxari cards we're all interested in, right? As mentioned in a previous post, the cards are pocket-sized, 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches. A 32 page LWB accompanies the cards, explaining their use and including 3 spreads, how to use a pendulum with the cards, and a guide to the symbols on the cards. These symbols include elemental symbols, astronomical & astrological symbols, directional arrows, symbols of the world's major religions, and a group of random symbols, including letters (for spelling words/names, etc), a key, a heart, a candle, etc. (all explained in the LWB).

The cardstock is sturdy and the cards are lightly laminated/matte finish. They should hold up well, IMHO. Some of them are in portrait orientation, and some are landscape. The photography is surrounded by a black border, to allow users to focus on the image.

The cards are divided into categories: 6 sensory cards, 8 character cards, 15 location cards, 8 victim cards, 10 time cards, 9 obstacle cards, 6 equipment cards (ghost hunting tools that can be used during the reading to record data), 12 energy cards and 15 message cards.

The LWB includes much of the spurious "history" from the website video (with no sources for any of their claims...sigh). There are also the cautions: do not play Konxari alone, etc. There is some wisdom in this, again IMHO. Having experienced several gatherings where we attempted to make contact (and did, on occasion) with the other side, I understand the importance of protection and assistance. For me, I will cast a circle of protection, set my intentions for postitive contact only, and call in the quarters/elements.

I believe these cards will be well received at our Supper for the Dead this year. Despite the video hype, there seems to be a serious air about the cards and their conception. Do they originate in ancient Egypt? Who knows? For me they will be another tool to stimulate my intuition in a specific arena.

As always, your mileage may vary.

Asher

Aulruna

Thanks Asher for this thorough review of the cards!

I think you've sold them to me :D

And if you, as I hope, will attend next year's RS, I will tackle you about that Supper for the Dead.

Ariasonata

First off, thanks for coming here to help clarify things, Allison!

It's always great to be able to communicate with the companies, creators, and artists who make the cards we love.

Konxari_Cards said:
Hi there!

My name is Allison, and I work for the IRM Foundation, which currently has the rights to produce Konxari Cards.

3.) Yeah, we've had a lot of confusion over Bruce Gerlach with the artist of the same name, who works on stuff like Star Wars and Lord of the Rings stuff. He has nothing to do with the cards. Also, artist Matt Busch who is also known for stuff like Star Wars does in fact do some marketing material for us, but he's never produced any art- and I don't think he will considering his style isn't very Konxari-like. On one visual artist on board, and that's the photographer, Paul Michael Kane.

The professor Bruce Gerlach in the videos does in fact run a ParaPyschology group at the U of Mass. I'll be honest, I was out the day he was in our offices so I didn't get to meet him and don't know as much about what he actually teaches at the school.
As I had posted earlier, I wasn't able to find any information on University of Massachusetts's Parapsychology department or a Bruce Gerlach at U. Mass. I was able to find http://www.myspace.com/tattooed_sky from doing a search on "Bruce Gerlach" and Konxari. That's the artist you were referring to with the same name as the professor. Plus, he has a video of Konxari cards on his MySpace page. There aren't any pictures up of Bruce Gerlach on his MySpace page, so we can't see whether it is the same man or not to rule him out of the picture.

Many of the other people in the video are from PRISM -- a ghost-hunting group which is pretty great to hear their thoughts on the deck. PRISM is based in Southeastern Michigan...which is the same area where Bruce Gerlach the artist lives (Eastpointe, MI), which is also where Matt Busch lives (Detroit, MI), which is also where the podcasters of "Magick Taboo" who are also featured in the video and covered the deck in one of their shows live (Sterling Heights, MI). Could be coincidence, but I haven't been able to find any such information about the Parapsychology department at U. Mass out.

It's extremely easy to find information about University of Arizona's Center for Consciousness Studies, Princeton's Engineering Anomalies Research which is more on the psychic side of things, and finally one of the most famous colleges for this sort of thing, The Rhine Center at Duke University in North Carolina. Just unable to find anything out about the U. Mass department. Any links to their site you could provide would help calm our concerns down.

The reason this is a concern to myself and others is that if it is false advertising, it makes the real parapsychology departments, schools, and groups like PRISM look bad.

Also couldn't find any historical information on "konxar" or "konxari."

Other than those points, the cards DO look fascinating. I, like others here, am looking forward to getting my hands a copy and checking them out (will be ordering a set tomorrow when I get paid!).

6.) Is there really a shot in one of the videos where the wrong cards are flipped? Please let me know where- I don't think my boss is aware of that yet. :)
I took a closer look at the video, and I believe they didn't flip the cards you weren't supposed, so no worries there upon another watching. :D

The IRM Foundation
Any links to the IRM Foundation or information you guys can share about your group? It is cool to know that people are trying to assist with the ghost-hunting & metaphysics side of things with (hopefully) useful tools like these cards!

Personally, even if they don't quite work the way I hoped with communicating with spirits, they'll be an excellent tool for writing.

Dusk Till Dawn

I received mine today! I had ordered them on the 12th also, they were also shipped on the 23rd. Considered that it was international, I think that was very fast. I only got one Comic book , and one sticker...LOL.
I really like the Cards, I put them in a bag right away. It's something I would get a back up of.

Ariasonata

For those who have received their decks, what do you think of them if you've used them?

Experimented with them as divination tools or just ghost work? Inquiring minds wanna know!

Dusk Till Dawn

Last night, my Husband and I did a reading with them. It took a little convincing, but now he wants to do a reading every weekend. I am amazed how easy it is to use them, even for trying them the first time. It was incredibly easy to get the message the cards were telling us. I will for sure do this again soon. I will for sure use them on a regular basis, next time I will use it with my EMF meter. I was waiting for something like this, and I can only recommend the cards!

Muir Aingeal

Seeker*13* said:
Last night, my Husband and I did a reading with them. It took a little convincing, but now he wants to do a reading every weekend. I am amazed how easy it is to use them, even for trying them the first time. It was incredibly easy to get the message the cards were telling us. I will for sure do this again soon. I will for sure use them on a regular basis, next time I will use it with my EMF meter. I was waiting for something like this, and I can only recommend the cards!

That's so good to hear! kind of makes me jealous too since I haven't had a chance to work with them yet. Waiting for the atmosphere to settle down and when everyone is relaxed. Now I'm even more excited! :D

Dusk Till Dawn

I was wondering if anyone can make a word out of the letters we got, since I can't figure it out.
Here are the letters I got yesterday: T O R Y B I J
I got as far as TRY and then it makes no sense.