It's The All Singing, All Dancing Oracles Enabling Thread

Thoughtful

Hi 2dogs l have the Wisdom of Avalon cards and they have been a good working deck for me. As to the book, not having the other 2 oracles you mention l can't comment. The book for this deck is same size as the cards and gives good detailed information on each card, its over 100 pages, l would imagine it would be in the same vein as CBR's other guidebooks.

l have had some very good readings with this deck and together with my Druid Animal they make two good readable and reliable working decks.

2dogs

This thread certainly does what it says on the tin. :laugh:

Thoughtful

Ha ha! l know been there.

stellar4

Philosopher's Stone cards

Absolutely agree with Ana Luisa - the very best deck for deep insightful readings. It cuts right to the heart of the matter and lays the truth bare. I cant understand why I hear so little about it and it seems to be used so infrequently. This is definitely the one that I would brave fire or flood to save in the event of a disaster! I wish De Es would reprint it.

I'm also enjoying Oracle Ge (again, very insightful and useful for pinpointing issues) and the very lovely 1923 Teuila cards. With the latter, the first deck I had of them had a LWB that had just disintegrated with age and was mostly unreadable so I had to just go with my own meanings. I've now got a back up deck of it with a complete LWB that I rarely refer to as I'm too used to going my own way with it now! It is beautifully illustrated with images of a long past age and I find that it reads really well.

Thoughtful

Ana Luisa and Stellar4 you have enabled me to look into the Philosophers Oracle. Looked all over the internet for a glimpse of the full deck, and thanks to Steller4 was able to see full deck :)
It is OOP but managed to find a copy on Ebay! now winging it's way to me and at a very reasonable price.

ana luisa

Ana Luisa and Stellar4 you have enabled me to look into the Philosophers Oracle. Looked all over the internet for a glimpse of the full deck, and thanks to Steller4 was able to see full deck :)
It is OOP but managed to find a copy on Ebay! now winging it's way to me and at a very reasonable price.

I KNOW you'll see what we're talking about once you start reading with it :) At first glance, it looks super hard, as if drawing water from the stone (pun intended :D) But it does bring out very deep insights as stellar mentioned. Let us know how you like it !

daphne

Now... I am also curious about this deck. Very expensive though, lucky you got it at reasonable price. Let us know how it reads (and enable me more, if this can be possible; the work is done). :)

ana luisa

Now... I am also curious about this deck. Very expensive though, lucky you got it at reasonable price. Let us know how it reads (and enable me more, if this can be possible; the work is done). :)

You're right. It IS expensive, unfortunately. But every once in a while, there are people selling it at e-bay for a reasonable price. Have a look at the site to see the full cards http://www.dees.at/stein_en.htm.
I remember that before buying it, I went over some cards, looked at the stones and waited to see whether they would SAY something. See if the magic happens to you too. This one is one of my favorites :)
http://www.dees.at/game/40.htm

I hope it's ok to post this site...

Thoughtful

I KNOW you'll see what we're talking about once you start reading with it :) At first glance, it looks super hard, as if drawing water from the stone (pun intended :D) But it does bring out very deep insights as stellar mentioned. Let us know how you like it !

Well it should be here Friday and l am looking forward to meeting these stone philosophers. Yes it does look a bit daunting but am utterly fascinated by it, and l do like a challenge :)

Thoughtful

l was extremely lucky find it on Ebay for £39 it was the one and only deck l could find anywhere. l have no idea what other people have charged for it but it looks like l got a bargain. Soon as l have it and hopefully made friends with the stones, l will post how l got on with them. If you become enabled even more, l really hope you will be able to pick one up.