Stars = longing?

BrightEye

I've read that Stars can mean longing or missing someone. Anyone come across that?

Also, is the Tarot Star similar in meaning to the Lenormand Stars?

214red

yes i can see this and the fish as longing, or a 'wish upon a star' card

alyna

I wouldn't say longing, but I would say "wishing"... because longing makes you sad and depressed, wishing makes you hopeful and cheers you up...

lord_ewin

I've read that Stars can mean longing or missing someone. Anyone come across that?

Absolutely, especially in a French context. "J'ai perdu ma bonne étoile..." is an expression signifying the lost of a love interest. It also means that fate has abandoned me, or no longer smiles at me... but like Alyna points out, it's rather negative so make sure the surrounding cards support this.

214red

i agree with the others (changed my mind), longing is more the fish card, and stars is more hopeful or wistful!

lord_ewin

Fish is economic in my mind, like the multiplication of the fish and bread. It's about making more of something, financial gains and growth, returns on an investment, etc.

214red

Fish is economic in my mind, like the multiplication of the fish and bread. It's about making more of something, financial gains and growth, returns on an investment, etc.

in my deck its never come up for money its alwys something water, your unconscious, your soul, emotional or soul communication. also on the mystical the fish looks like it wants to be in he house, he is longing to be somewhere else.

BrightEye

The other card was Flowers. I wanted to know how someone who lives in another country at the moment feels. Hopeful about something I guess?

214red

can anyone see the star card as distance? i do feel the stars can be linked by distance, it doesnt need to be a physical distance like the mountain. the stars in the sky are so far away that we cant really reach them (unless we have a space craft handy) but they are connected to us

BrightEye

Well, that's why I asked whether its meaning is related to the Tarot Star because the Star can mean that.