Book of Shadows 2 - So Below deck

JenWt43

Thank you, that is what I thought! Then it sounded like some people already had it.

rwcarter

Thank you, that is what I thought! Then it sounded like some people already had it.

As Lo Scarabeo is a European publisher, Europeans will have the deck long before American sellers get their copies, which are likely on a slow boat right now crossing the Atlantic...

Winterchild

So Below.... 2 Versions?

Are there two different versions of So below? I saw two on Amazon I think it was... I wondered if maybe one came with a book and the other was to go in the kit.... I think the first deck; As Above had a book that covered both decks or have I got that wrong?

It seems so long ago!

inkedat20

I just bought the as above and got the kit which comes with the deck AND the book that covers BOTH decks. Im still up in the air if i want to get the so below deck. im just learning the as above. I LOVE it so far so im thinking i will like the so below deck

Essjay

My copy of this arrived yesterday. I'm on the fence at the moment. There are some wonderful cards (The Magician for example, or The World) and I do like the way that the elemental spirits match those in the As Above deck. The one thing that struck me though is that it is a very female deck. Most (or perhaps all) of the majors are women and the majority of the courts. On the plus side the deck has racial diversity. I like the situations used to illustrate the minors.

Basically, I'm not sure yet! The deck needs more time and consideration :)

Disa

Oh! I almost forgot I ordered the so below deck. I just checked Amazon and it still says it isn't shipped yet but with an estimated delivery of May 14-18? Cool! :)

Le Fanu

My copy of this arrived yesterday. I'm on the fence at the moment. There are some wonderful cards (The Magician for example, or The World) and I do like the way that the elemental spirits match those in the As Above deck. The one thing that struck me though is that it is a very female deck. Most (or perhaps all) of the majors are women and the majority of the courts. On the plus side the deck has racial diversity. I like the situations used to illustrate the minors.
mmm, Essjay... You sound like you're trying to explain yourself into liking it. :D This was in my local shop. I gave it a wide berth. I can find nothing in this deck to admire or feel curious about.

I have the As Above kit with book and think I shall keep the empty "So Below" compartment vacant. I generally like Lo Scarabeo decks - or rather, I like what Lo Scarabeo do with tarot - but I have come to the conclusion there are 4 ingredients in LoS deck that are a big no-no for me;

watercoloury artwork
overly feminine
cartoony
trying to reflect "modern life"

This deck has these elements in spades. Too many T-shirts and smiles, people cooking, that sort of thing. Honestly, I'm genuinely contemporary in other aspects of my life. I don't need it in tarot. Bring on the Illuminati please...

Essjay

mmm, Essjay... You sound like you're trying to explain yourself into liking it. :D This was in my local shop. I gave it a wide berth. I can find nothing in this deck to admire or feel curious about.

I have the As Above kit with book and think I shall keep the empty "So Below" compartment vacant. I generally like Lo Scarabeo decks - or rather, I like what Lo Scarabeo do with tarot - but I have come to the conclusion there are 4 ingredients in LoS deck that are a big no-no for me;

watercoloury artwork
overly feminine
cartoony
trying to reflect "modern life"

This deck has these elements in spades. Too many T-shirts and smiles, people cooking, that sort of thing. Honestly, I'm genuinely contemporary in other aspects of my life. I don't need it in tarot. Bring on the Illuminati please...

Yes, you could be right. The overly feminine part is what I'm struggling with. It's very unbalanced in that respect. 51 of the cards contain only women but only 3 cards have just men. I so wish I'd got Black Cats instead!

Eta. I laughed so much at the people cooking comment - so true :D

2nd edit: I've looked through the deck again and it's not for me - I've put it up in trading!

Disa

Amazon shows "Shipping Now" as a status with the expected shipping date still being May 14-18. :)

Disa

Mine just arrived :)

Georgia, USA