DECKS you have been using a lot lately

Aster Breo

I honestly think that for "cat people" the cat card could mean fidelity and loyalty and affection in just the same way as the dog card does.

I think that too, plus independence and self respect.

Aster Breo

Whatever you want it to mean since this deck doesn't quite fit into Lenormand anyhow. In the Sibillas it is always "Falsity", a medieval meaning I really don't like and don't use.

I meant: what does it mean in the Sigil Lenormand deck?

I'm not at all familiar with the Sibillas, so I didn't know anything about the "falsity" meaning. That definitely doesn't resonate for me. Cats are very honest. ;-)

Padma

Aster Breo, you could always use the Cat card as indicative of independence, or love of luxury! ;) with certain combos - such as with the Lilies - it could also mean "get more rest"

I had been using my Blue Owl for ages, and the phone Fool's Dog app Dondorf, (incredibly accurate, btw) however, now I am really hooked to my new Piatnik deck. Love it! Great illustrations...pretty card backs, too!

I had been thinking of getting one of the Malpertuis decks.

And when they all seem stale to me, I gravitate to The Game of Hope repro by Tag Jorrit. The clean and sparse lines of it are refreshing...

Tigerangel

Cool! What does the Cat card mean?

I have 2 other decks with Cat cards, with conflicting meanings. I actually love having the card (as a hard core cat person, I think the Lenormand deck rattly needs a Cat card ;-) ), but I'm still working out exactly how to interpret it.

Whatever you want it to mean since this deck doesn't quite fit into Lenormand anyhow. In the Sibillas it is always "Falsity", a medieval meaning I really don't like and don't use.

I honestly think that for "cat people" the cat card could mean fidelity and loyalty and affection in just the same way as the dog card does.

I think that too, plus independence and self respect.

There's a Cat card in the Celtic aswell, and from what I can gather from the book is that the cat and dog both have the same meanings as in trust, loyalty etc, but the cat difference is more referring to those type of friends who will tell it to you straight and won't dance about just to stop you from being upset, so the dog friends are loyal and well protect you even if they have to sugarcoat the truth, the cat friends won't sugarcoat the truth, they tell it to you straight because they think that would be the best thing for you.

So that's how I'm tending to look at the meaning for the cat card.

Aster Breo

There's a Cat card in the Celtic aswell, and from what I can gather from the book is that the cat and dog both have the same meanings as in trust, loyalty etc,

The Celtic is one of the 2 decks I have with Cat cards. (The other is LICUC, designed by an AT member.) I like that interpretation a lot, but I feel like there's more to it.

Sorry -- I'm not articulating well right now. Bad migraine coming on.

Le Fanu

Cool! What does the Cat card mean?
There's no specific meaning for the Sigil deck since it doesn't come with any instructions, so it has been pretty much left open, although I like the suggested meanings above ^

Aster Breo

There's no specific meaning for the Sigil deck since it doesn't come with any instructions, so it has been pretty much left open, although I like the suggested meanings above ^

Ah. Gotcha.

I thought I read somewhere that the deck (Tag's version, anyway) came with info about the 2 different cards. My bad.

Tag_jorrit

The full size deck does come with a card that includes the meanings for the Clasped Hands and the Cat. :)

Le Fanu

The full size deck does come with a card that includes the meanings for the Clasped Hands and the Cat. :)
Really? How did I miss that? I don't recall any such card - let me check out my 2nd deck. I have only had my first copy out recently.

greatdane

Been doing many of my Lenormand Readings with...

the first draft of the 2015 Samhain Lenormand, the one I call the sulfur deck. This one, as well as the final copy of this deck, the 2015 Samhain Lenormand, the first Samhain Lenormand, Mysteries of the Old Castle, these decks are all making the rounds from now on til likely Spring :). Mysteries I use year round.