Personalized Lenormand decks?

eldritchgreene

I actually have a project in the works to basically do just that. :-D

There's an oracle based on the goddess Brighid, and the author (Ceri Norman) has downloadable art on her website. My husband printed sheets of the art for the 33 cards out on regular paper. The plan is to cut them out, then use spray adhesive to affix it to scrapbook paper. I could have just printed them onto heavy cardstock -- or maybe onto those perforated business cards -- but I want a pretty pattern for the back. I think the scrapbook paper will work for that.

I have some thick, stiff, kinda plastic-y paper to try, as well as some regular scrapbook paper. For the latter, I might end up laminating them. Depends on how they feel when they're finished.

Not sure when we'll finish this project, but I'll try to remember to post pics when I do.

Oooh that Oracle sounds interesting! I'll have to check that out. I've also done this DIYing quite a few times and it can be very rewarding. There's always the sandpaper Lenormand, where you sand off the middle bits of playing cards and just add in the corresponding name/symbol with a sharpie. My brother drew one for me using a black pen and it turned out pretty cool, plus you get the added bonus of a truly original deck.

For other projects I like gilding edges with markers (it can get messy but the results can be neat!) and I've very often used a crafting tool to add adhesive and laminate called the Xyron XRN510. It's extremely easy to use, helpful to make any paper craft adhesive, or to laminate cards and their laminate is super thin and durable! The 510 is the small one which fits a Tarot card, there's also a Letter sized one, it's not expensive, you can buy it on Amazon and apparently cheaper at local craft stores with coupons and the end results are fantastic! I recommend that for your crafts.

I'm going to check out that Brighid oracle now. :)

celticnoodle

Where did you get the blank cards?

here: https://www.usgamesinc.com/search.php?mode=search&page=1&keep_https=yes

I have the ones that have that blue, white and black striped back that are bigger then a standard deck of cards. Then, the one that comes in a handy little box that are smaller. I am not at my farmhouse right now--where these are--so I can't recall if the smaller ones have the same back or if they are plain tbh. I also know you can get them on Amazon.com and there, if you purchase $35.00 you get free shipping--so just to keep that in mind.

Just checked for the small ones--they are blank on both sides. you get 500 of them for $15.00. the card stock on both sizes are good. Not flimsy.

Aster Breo

Thanks, CN! This is really helpful!

I missed this post somehow until just now, so I apologize for the delay in replying. (Tapatalk doesn't always show me new posts.)