When Lenormand was completely off?

Kurenai

Try reading your daily spreads with *and* without card combos. I find the dailies are best figured out reading them one at a time, not combining, and taking the meaning very literally. And yes, Coffin would easily mean a cramped space! ;) Don't give up - you are just learning the peculiarities of the cards!

Ah, good point! I've noticed that card combo interpretation doesn't work very well with everyday readings, but being still a novice in this my first instinct is to look up what A+B means! I'm going to see what today brings. :)

Padma

Good luck with it! We can always do a daily 3 card exchange for a week, if it will help you :) Let me know, and I will start an exchange thread for us.

My cards today were Cross/Garden/Scythe and I took it to mean that my planned dog walk (Cross: planned, Garden: walkabout) will be cut short (Scythe) due to rain. The back or handle part of the Scythe backs onto garden and the tip of the blade points out of the three card draw, so I am thinking it is not a cut or pain or an argument.

:)

Kurenai

Good luck with it! We can always do a daily 3 card exchange for a week, if it will help you :) Let me know, and I will start an exchange thread for us.

My cards today were Cross/Garden/Scythe and I took it to mean that my planned dog walk (Cross: planned, Garden: walkabout) will be cut short (Scythe) due to rain. The back or handle part of the Scythe backs onto garden and the tip of the blade points out of the three card draw, so I am thinking it is not a cut or pain or an argument.

:)

The daily card exchange sounds like a great idea! I'd love to participate. :)

Today I got: tower-child-stork

Well, I am certainly not pregnant (child-stork), so I venture to guess that it will be something to do with school (tower) regarding my daughter (child) about moving (stork)?

lark

I agree they are very literal when you ask about your day and they tend to pick out the general theme of the day or maybe just the most memorable thing in your day.
If the high point was just a cozy feeling of contentment because you have the day to yourself it will emphasize that.
This weekend I got
Rider... Scythe.....Snake
At noon my husband came in and said, "I feel so bad I cut a snake in half with the riding lawn mower...
So see, literal...and yes, that was the most memorable thing in my day that day.
And did the literal accuracy of this freak me out even after all these years of reading lenormand...hell yes.

But when I layed the cards out I didn't know that...we learn the most after the fact.
So pull your cards in the morning then look at them at night...and see what you see.
Peek at them through out the day too.
Sometimes I will just be going about my day and I'll peek at the cards on the table for a few minutes and I'll have an aha moment of what they are about.

Pretty soon you will be making connections and predicting accurately right away
Give yourself time to learn the decks language specifically for you.

Padma

I like your take on your daily today, Kurenai. Perhaps too the Stork just means some improvements in her school work, or a really good grade on something :)

I will go set up an exchange thread for us - we can begin tomorrow, if you wish! :)

Padma

This weekend I got
At noon my husband came in and said, "I feel so bad I cut a snake in half with the riding lawn mower...
So see, literal...and yes, that was the most memorable thing in my day that day.
And did the literal accuracy of this freak me out even after all these years of reading lenormand...hell yes.

That is just freaky a$$, Lark! :bugeyed:

Also, an excellent example of how very literal they can be! ETA and how very accurate!

Great advice for Kurenai there, too :thumbsup:

Kurenai

I agree they are very literal when you ask about your day and they tend to pick out the general theme of the day or maybe just the most memorable thing in your day.
If the high point was just a cozy feeling of contentment because you have the day to yourself it will emphasize that.
This weekend I got

But when I layed the cards out I didn't know that...we learn the most after the fact.
So pull your cards in the morning then look at them at night...and see what you see.
Peek at them through out the day too.
Sometimes I will just be going about my day and I'll peek at the cards on the table for a few minutes and I'll have an aha moment of what they are about.

Pretty soon you will be making connections and predicting accurately right away
Give yourself time to learn the decks language specifically for you.

Wow, the snake and lawnmower really got me!

Kurenai

I like your take on your daily today, Kurenai. Perhaps too the Stork just means some improvements in her school work, or a really good grade on something :)

I will go set up an exchange thread for us - we can begin tomorrow, if you wish! :)

Thank you. Yes, that will be great. I will keep everyone updated on what the tower-child-stork might mean.

Padma

Lark, would you also do a daily draw with us? I am thinking we would both benefit from your years of experience! :love:

lark

That is just freaky a$$, Lark! :bugeyed:

Also, an excellent example of how very literal they can be! ETA and how very accurate!

Great advice for Kurenai there, too :thumbsup:

I guess that's what keeps us coming back to lenormand is how freaky literal they can be...but the implications of that can be kind of scary sometimes...:eek: